Ballet Talk for Dancers

Books: On Pointe

• 1 year later...

I just finished reading this book called On Pointe. It is fiction, but is actually written as poetry. I really liked this book as it showed what happens when your dreams suddenly end. The main character has moved to the city to take classes at the conservetory in the hope of gaining one of the coveted places in City Ballet. It explored the girl's fears of being too tall and the dreaded call from the director, but she finds that she is still a dancer and will continue dancing even if it is with the adult class. It is a very beautiful story. I can't remember the author somthing like Laurie Grover.... I stumbled across it in the teen section at the library when I was looking for books for my daughter.

• 2 weeks later...
ashleydancer

yeah, i own that book. Acctually the author went to highschool with my mom and she visited a library nearby when i was little so i got to meet her and she and my mom, you know talked. it was fun! :)