Ballet Talk for Dancers

sheahuang

The waiting is so hard. I would say they were pretty true to their word on the acceptance notifications by phone. The email came about a week later but the official letter took about 4 weeks. The videolink was up on the portal within a few days.  Scholarship videos were due March 1 for everyone last year and notifications were anticipated 2 weeks later but it was actually 5 weeks (we were on Spring Break when my DS heard.) Since Ms Lowe calls everyone , it takes awhile for her to make all the calls. She did update by email twice at the end of March that there were delays.

lizzyhults1

Can someone that has gone to UA without a scholarship message me. I just have a few questions. 

dancemaven

Please, we need to share as much information as possible.  It is also against Board rules for an Adult or a Parent to contact a young dancer member other than via the open Board. :)

sheahuang

Current UA students are in the process of renewing their scholarships - applications are due by April 2 5pm. I remember during orientation we were told money available depends on who graduates or leaves and then they know how much can be awarded around to the returning or newly admitted students. Hope that helps.

lizzyhults1

Sheahuang this does help. I assume this means my DD will not hear from potential scholarships until mid april. Cutting it close. 

sheahuang

lizzyhults1 - Happy to help! I'll pass along any updates I encounter.

My son received his scholarship call at the end of the first week of April (I recall we were on Spring Break.)

cmalltheway

FYI... my husband contacted the school asking if dance merit scholarships have been distributed. They replied today that they are still deliberating and won’t have an answer until May...

sheahuang

Yikes! That's incredibly late - we are also waiting for our renewals too.

cmalltheway

That could explain part of the delay for the incoming Freshmen...

lizzyhults1

My dd got a small offer 

cmalltheway

Congrats, lizzyhults1! DS got a call with Ms Lowe a wk ago and a letter with a small Dance merit came yesterday while we were on another college tour. Decision, decision, decision!

lizzyhults1

Thats great :) Our DD made a decision and went a different direction. I just wanted everyone to know that some offers are slowly going out. :)