Ballet Talk for Dancers

Books: cecchetti ballet

I had a quick browse for books concerning cecchetti ballet, as this is the style im studying, Im not really finding anything other than history books, which look great but I would like something more technical :ermm:

Can anyone recommend any?

Thanks, Cassy

The Cecchetti Method of Classical Ballet : Theory and Technique

by Cyril W. Beaumont, Stanislas Idzikowski, CECCHETTI

A BALLET DYNASTY by Livia Brillarelli. there is also a book or as my old teacher called it, "the manual" on Cecchetti, but i do not remember what the title is, but I am sure you can find it if you go to a bigger bookstore. hope i helped!

Hi Caitlin,

Thanks for the quick reply, I couldnt stay awake any longer, it was a long day! :thumbsup:

You can bet I will be looking for those books asap :D

Do you also know of any good books for adult begginers?

Thanks again,

Cassy :)

there is also a book or as my old teacher called it, "the manual" on Cecchetti

The Manual is The Cecchetti Method of Classical Ballet : Theory and Technique

by Cyril W. Beaumont, Stanislas Idzikowski

My copy purchased from the Cecchetti Society has on the front just the words "The Manual" and a portrait of the maestro. Inside the front cover is written "A manual or The Theory and Practise of Classical Theatrical Dancing"

I would say that this is THE definitive work on Cecchetti technique, but I'm not sure that it is ideal for a beginner.

In my opinion, a wonderful book for an adult beginner is Gretchen Ward Warren's book "Classical Ballet Technique". Although this is Balanchine/Vaganova method and some of the names of steps will be different, it is beautifully illustrated with black and white photographs describing each step in detail.