Ballet Talk for Dancers

RAD in America

gerlonda

Hello,

I guess this question can be posed to Ms. Leigh, or anyone else very familiar with the RAD system. Where can I find a "list" of some sort of schools/teachers in America that are certified to teach RAD syllabus (if geared for adults, that would be all the better! :shrug: )

Yesterday after dance class, I had a conversation with a woman who came from S. Africa. She said she adored RAD for her daughter because it was a system that almost guaranteed technical correctness. She really got me interested in a system with regimented goals (i.e. A and B must be done with proficiency before you even think about step C- Something regular American schools rarely stress).

I've been to royal academy of dance website and www.radusa.org, but I was not able to find such a publication.

Where else do you all think I should look?

Thanks!

• Administrators

Gerlonda, Mr. Johnson will need to help you with this. I am not an RAD teacher. :shrug:

Such a list used to be available for the US, and was in circulation when the RAD US headquarters were in New Jersey, but it's on the other coast now, so contact:

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:

Patti Ashby

Royal Academy of Dance

1412 17th Street

Suite#259

Bakerfield

CA 93301 California

t: +1 661 336 0160 / +1 661 336 0161

f: +1 661 336 0162

e: Info@radusa.org

Use snailmail or call via phone, as I do not believe that this information is available online.