Ballet Talk for Dancers
Zed

My Assistant

Zed

I have problems the feature "My Assistant" with this new upgraded version of the board. When I click on it, it simply gives me a small window of the general forum index. I don't know if it's conducting a search? :clapping:

Mel Johnson

Z, that's odd. It should lead off with "Since your last visit there have been X new posts". There are four other specific jobs that can be identified there, but the bulk of the work is handled by "My Controls".

Zed

Yes. It should say something along the lines of "There have been X new posts since your last visit. X posts are replies to topics you have created..." But it doesn't. Odd...

It can be done through "My Controls?"

Zed

Dash it. It's working now. It consistently didn't before. Maybe because I am now no longer a "new member?" Because it's never worked for me before.

Anyway, thanks.

Mel Johnson

Isn't that always the way? When I was fixing jet fighters, the aircrew would write up the strangest discrepancies, and we had to figure out what in the world they meant. A favorite reply was "CND" (Could Not Duplicate). Remember the converse of Murphy's Law, "Just when you want something to go wrong, it will go right."

Zed

This is true... :)

But I think I've figured it out, because it did it again: if there are no posts to topics I've started, it gives me the board index; if there replies to my topics, it says so. Go figure!