Ballet Talk for Dancers

Walnut Hill Year Round

Guest willisdju

Guest balletandsynchro

un-soccermom, thank you for your information about Walnut Hill. I've obtained applications for both Universal and Walnut Hill, so....we'll see what happens. Interestingly, the average financial aid grant at Walnut Hill is about $15,000 (per the website)

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Muck Luck

• 2dancers

• mini cooper

Guest unsoccer-mom

Well, I just dropped my daughter off for her first day of classes at WHS for senior year :) . I feel the academics are very strong and would be happy to try to answer any questions you may have. Also, do a search for post under my name as I have been very specific about the school and its academics in past posts.

I also just dropped my daughter off at Walnut Hill. It was a huge decision for both my daughter and me as she just turned 14. She attended the SI at WH this summer and loved it. The training and faculty were wonderful and very impressive. She was offered a scholarship for the year round program and after much agonizing we decided that it was an opportunity she shouldn't pass up. I do know that their academics are excellent. As I am preparing to sell my house and move to Natick I am feeling pretty stressed right now, but if I can answer any questions for you I would be happy to. I do know that the Walnut Hill atmosphere is unbelievably supportive and caring. I wish I could have gotten a sholarship to go there! :)

Vickie

Wow, Vickie_CO., congrats to your daughter and best wishes on your own upcoming move, too! Of course you are feeling stressed - wonder if you might want to start a new thread for parents who are moving along with, so to speak, their dancers in order to either live with them or be closer to them? You're not alone and I have a feeling that there are many who'd like to share their tips, concerns, and adventures. :(

• 5 months later...

For Cahill -- As mentioned by unsoccer-mom, Walnut Hill does accept seniors as new students.

The senior class is also the first to fill, so if you are interested I would contact them soon.

St. Paul's has an outstanding academic reputation; however, Walnut Hill's web site has a list of college placements for recent grads, and it's not too shabby.

• 1 month later...

My daughter was accepted to the yearround program with a partial scholarship. Does anyone know about how many students they accept each year?

I also just dropped my daughter off at Walnut Hill. It was a huge decision for both my daughter and me as she just turned 14. She attended the SI at WH this summer and loved it. The training and faculty were wonderful and very impressive. She was offered a scholarship for the year round program and after much agonizing we decided that it was an opportunity she shouldn't pass up. I do know that their academics are excellent. As I am preparing to sell my house and move to Natick I am feeling pretty stressed right now, but if I can answer any questions for you I would be happy to. I do know that the Walnut Hill atmosphere is unbelievably supportive and caring. I wish I could have gotten a sholarship to go there!  :blushing: 

Vickie

Although this is an older post...I was wondering Vickie CO how your daughter is doing at WH. My daughter received a partial scholarship for year round. Although this year it's probably impossible, it might be something we can do in the future.

Hello Lahina, I did in fact finally make it to Natick to be near my daughter the first of this year. She started school at WH as a boarding student last Sept. It was a big decision to uproot her and leave our family in Colorado but one that she has never regretted so far. She loves the school and the training she is getting. Walnut Hill is a very nurturing environment and the ballet faculty and academics are outstanding. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to your daughter. If you have specific questions, please let me know and I will see if I can answer them for you. Vickie

mini cooper, tuition is 35,000, she received about 1/3. For us, yes it puts a dent, but still very expensive.

Thanks fendrock...I had no idea it was that low. I know they have class with the students from other concentrations. (theater, music, art, writing)

Thanks, Vickie! We live about 3 1/2 hours away. How busy are the students on weekends? Does the school frown on taking your kid home on weekends?

Lahina, I take my daughter every Friday night thru Sunday night. The only problem you would have is they have ballet classes and rehearsals when necessary on Saturday. But when they are done you can take them the rest of the weekend. There are alot of kids from New England and the surrounding areas that attend Walnut Hill. You can also take them home whenever there are 3 days weekends. Vickie