Ballet Talk for Dancers

English National Ballet Repertoire Day

JennyKaye

Hi Fish,

I will probably go, however its annoying that the tickets for the Ballet are not on the same day, so thats two expensive trips to london for me.

Maybe I could just attend the day and book my own ticket for the evening!

I've posted my application form for London Studio Centres Ballet Summer School today, should be good fun :green:

Jen

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JennyKaye

• Dance_Scholar_London

• ami1436

• Chinafish

Jen, the first week or the last week at LSC? Are you planning on auditionning for the BA?

I received via Royal Mail the info about the workshop (not per email as you fish). It says basically the same as in your email but it is on Friday 17. (ballet class for all levels at Royal Albert Hall + practical session exploring themes of R&J + class observation & costume rehearsal). I suppose they have 2x the same workshop? I rather go on Friday as it is probably very crowded on Sat. Fri is much cheaper as the ticket is only for a school's matinee.

Wow - I'm actually free on the weekend of the 17th/18th! Could someone send me details of how I book?

It seems that these Rep Days are the ideal opporunity for the elusive London meet - having a great activity like this is hopefully an incentive for everyone to make the effort and come along!

DSL, I've applied for the first week... and I may apply for the BA to start in 2006. Apparently no Pas de deux though, as not enough boys :green: but should be fun all the same :hyper:

I dont think i'm up to standard though, but I would really love to study there. It all depends on what I decide to do this year.

If I dont start a BA this year, I may try and do a year long diploma in dance at a college and then apply next year, do you think this is a good idea? (They said they didn't mind how old I was!)

Mr Robin - you should come! It was sooo much fun! I haven't recieved my information for the saturday class yet :shrug:

The form is in a Word document - can I use the board to email with attachment??

Oh, boo, I will not be able to go. I will be on my honeymoon then, which is a good reason not to be able to go. :green:

They do sound like they are great fun though, so I'll definitely look out for the next one.

I dont think i'm up to standard though, but I would really love to study there. It all depends on what I decide to do this year.

Depends how old you are and what kind of career you are looking for. It is quite tough to get into the ballet pathway but you might be interested in musical theatre, westend jazz or contemporary dance. Why do you want to start in 2006? Or do you mean the academic year 2005/06.

For the SI is still some time left, maybe some boys apply and then you will have PDD classes too. :)

There are no spaces left to start in September this year :)

I am 20, and I know that I will be near impossible to get into classical ballet! I was going to aim for the Jazz/Musical Theatre track!

The lady who ran the Summer School said she hardly ever gets any boys, so no PDD!

COME ON BOYS, APPLY TO LONDON STUDIO CENTRE SUMMER SCHOOL :D

Are you going to the summer school dsl?

I teach at LSC, so I dont think I will attend the SI though I might be convinced if there are any PDD classes.

Jazz & Musical Theatre are the most popular pathways (and very good placement rate)

Hi everyone :huepfen:

Congratulations Kate! Keep a look out for future events, it seems that these ENB rep days are a good way for us all to meet up B)

Got the email and i have asked some more friends from class if they are intrested.

Jen - please try and make the next one - was such good fun last time, i have the same problem as you - tickets great - but means two trips to london, which is great except for travel time and cost also that i work during the week :clapping:

Fish - i assume you will be there on the sat? Have you been to anymore tuesdays at ENB?

Tara / DSL / Mr Robin - try to make it, was a real sucess last time, im sure you would all love it, it was a great experience for me and a great opportunity to meet everyone, as well as gaining experience and knowledge - being a newbie to ballet. :blushing:

Cassy

DSL - what do you teach at London Studio?

Cassy - I will probably come, might buy an extra ticket for that tuesday for my mum, she likes going to the Ballet and maybe my boyfriend will come as well!

Jenny, just PM me if you have any specific questions.

I will probably come, might buy an extra ticket for that tuesday for my mum, she likes going to the Ballet and maybe my boyfriend will come as well!

My form's going in the post tomorrow, though I won't be in London for the performance on the Tuesday :yes: Very excited about the class though :innocent:

Presumably the performance tickets are transferable, though, so if Jenny - or anyone else - would like my ticket they're welcome to it - PM me!

Robin