Ballet Talk for Dancers

English National Ballet Repertoire Day

JennyKaye

Are you going on Friday or Saturday?

Saturday. That's the only day I have any details of, though - what's happening on the Friday? Maybe I'll do both!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JennyKaye

• Dance_Scholar_London

• ami1436

• Chinafish

As far as I know it is the same but much cheaper as the ticket is for the ENB school performance and not the company. As I have already seen the performance I rather go on Friday and save 20 quid

This is the reply I got from Natalie:

The creative workshop will not be technique based. It will explore themes and ideas from the ballet with the focus on participants creating their own movement sequences. It is open to people of all ages. Class on the 18 June is an open level ballet class on stage.

Cheers,

Fish

Their website says there's the creative workshop in the morning and an open day in the afternoon - is there another workshop too? I emailed them for details this morning, but haven't heard anything back yet. Fish, could you e-mail me Natalie's e-mail address as I only have the education@ballet.org.uk address?

Sorry, but this seems to be getting all muddled! DSL, yes, there are two things on Friday, but from my understanding and my own emails with ENB education's department, it is the Saturday that actually has the technique class on stage. Also, the only difference between the two Friday sessions is that one includes the creative workshop, while the other doesn't. If you know of anything different, please do specify here, as the differences are not clear from the website and I think it will save a lot of confusion. Thanks.

For simplicity, this is the info I have (It is long!):

Friday, 17 June

Creative Workshop for Adults

We are delighted to tell you about this special event being organised as part of English National Ballet’s season at the Royal Albert Hall. On the morning of Friday 17 June you will get the opportunity to take a creative dance workshop on stage at the Royal Albert Hall. The workshop will be a practical session exploring themes and ideas from Romeo and Juliet. The workshop will be followed by a number of activities including a tour of the Royal Albert Hall, observation of dancers in class and a costume demonstration. Refreshments will be served during the morning.

This package also includes a ticket to a performance of Romeo & Juliet at the Royal Albert Hall. The cost of this event is dependent on which performance you attend.

OPTION 1

Creative Workshop for Adults on Friday 17 June plus ticket to the evening performance of Romeo & Juliet on Tuesday 21 June at 7.30pm

COST: £32.00

OPTION 2

Creative Workshop for Adults on Friday 17 June plus ticket to the schools’ matinee performance of Romeo & Juliet on Wednesday 22 June at 2.00pm

COST: £13.00

Special rate available for Westminster ResCard Holders.

Friday, 17 June ('2nd workshop')

Open Day for Adults

We are delighted to tell you about this special event being organised as part of English National Ballet’s season at the Royal Albert Hall. On the afternoon of Friday 17 June you will get the opportunity to experience a number of activities including a tour of the Royal Albert Hall, an informative talk about English National Ballet and Derek Deane’s in the round production of Romeo & Juliet, observation of dancers in rehearsal and a costume demonstration. Refreshments will be served during the afternoon.

This package also includes a ticket to a performance of Romeo & Juliet at the Royal Albert Hall. The cost of this event is dependent on which performance you attend.

OPTION 1

Adult Open Day on Friday 17 June plus ticket to the evening performance of Romeo & Juliet on Tuesday 21 June at 7.30pm

COST: £29.00

OPTION 2

Adult Open Day on Friday 17 June plus ticket to the schools’ matinee performance of Romeo & Juliet on Wednesday 22 June at 2.00pm

COST: £10.00

Special rate available for Westminster ResCard Holders.

Saturday, 18 June

Adult Ballet on Stage

We are delighted to tell you about this special event being organised as part of English National Ballet’s season at the Royal Albert Hall. On the morning of Saturday 18 June you will get the opportunity to take a ballet class on stage at the Royal Albert Hall. The class will be followed by a number of activities including a tour of the Royal Albert Hall, observation of dancers in class and a costume demonstration. Refreshments will be served during the morning. The class will be suitable for all levels. Please note that these activities may be subject to change.

This package includes a ticket to a performance of Romeo & Juliet at the Royal Albert Hall. A special rate of £32.50 is available for Westminster ResCard holders. There is also the option just to apply for a ticket to the performance. If you would like a guest to accompany you to the performance of Romeo & Juliet, then one additional ticket is available at £25.00 for the evening performance on Tuesday 21 June at 7.30pm.

OPTION 1

Adult Ballet on Stage on Saturday 18 June plus ticket to the evening performance of Romeo & Juliet on Tuesday 21 June at 7.30pm

COST: £35.00

OPTION 2

Ticket to the evening performance of Romeo & Juliet on Tuesday 21 June at 7.30pm

COST: £25.00

Hope this helps!!!

cheers ami - you are an angel :shrug:

cassy

So that's decided for me, then - my registration for the Saturday is in the post! I checked with ENB and the ticket for the Tuesday performance - which I won't be able to attend - is transferable, so if anyone wants it drop me a line.

I am going to go on the Saturday, need to get an extra ticket for my mum for the Tuesday night performance! Mr Robin... I might contact you, when you said the seats are transferable... does this mean that my mum will be able to sit next to me if I took your ticket?

I haven't sent off my money yet, but I will as soon as I get paid!

x

Oh good,

hopefully there will be a few of us ballet talk friends again :D

it was good last time - depending on the time activities finish, maybe we could take another look around the shops or get something to eat?

Cassy

Eating and Shopping sounds good, however I am not allowed to buy anymore leotards...! I don't need them :sweating:

If you see me going to buy one, you must stop me!

We should go general shopping this time, clothes/shoes shopping is one of my favourite past-times!

xx

Jenny, in case I go on Sat, I would have a spare ticket as well as I don't want to go to the performance. If you haven't booked yet, contact me and you could get my ticket

no probs jen,

yeah i think you prob have enough leos!!! :P

any shopping is good for me!!

I think i would like some 3/4 trousers from bloch though :thumbsup:

Cassy