Ballet Talk for Dancers
hippiechicken

Ballet Schools in Texas - Dallas/Ft. Worth

labrador

I think your list is thorough.

split_soul

I also recommend considering Dallas Ballet Center. It's a fantastic studio with great performing opportunities, with some of the only regular partnering classes in the DFW area.

dancemaven

Floridagirl75, perhaps the Pinned Topics at the top of the Pre-Professional Schools/Residence Program forum would be of use to you in evaluating the schools you are considering.  :thumbsup:  (https://dancers.invisionzone.com/forum/147-pre-professional-schoolsresidence-programs/)

This particular thread is simply for folks to share first-hand information of schools in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.  If you have other topics to discuss, it is best to look for existing threads in the General Discussion forum or if none is on point, to start a thread there.  :D

floridagirl75

Thank you for the link Dancemaven. I had previously read through some of that forum, but there is definitely a lot of information :) I apologize if I veered off topic.  I am most interested in first-hand experience with the schools I originally listed.  Should I remove the post regarding the questions to ask?  I am happy to do so and again, I apologize for any issue I caused above.

dancemaven

Floridagirl75, only Moderators can remove posts.  We’ll leave it for now.

Back to the actual schools . . . :D

Texasblue

I can still recommend Chamberlain in Plano for it’s day program and regular evening program classes for excellent technique as well as care for the dancers. Many Chamberlain Alumni have, and are still, dancing professionally. YAGP is an option for those who choose and the whole company also participates with Regional Dance America.    There are at least two professionally produced shows for the upper level dancers (Nutcracker with NYC Ballet first artists, and a spring show that also often has professional guest artists/companies) as well as other community performance opportunities. Each year many dancers are accepted to multiple summer dance intensive opportunities, another indicator of the level and quality of training.