Ballet Talk for Dancers

Finding a new school

baking_balletdancer

Hi! I am trying to find a good ballet school in San Diego county, California. The thing is, I'm sort of new to the area and I'm not sure which school to try. Does anyone know of any good schools here? I prefer dance schools with their main focus on ballet. I'm having trouble finding a dance school like that. Thanks a bunch!

baking_balletdancer :)

• Administrators

I believe that there are two professional ballet companies in San Diego, baking balletdancer. Have you checked out their schools?

Yes, I've heard about City Ballet and San Diego Ballet. But I just want to know about more schools before I make a move into one. I don't want to enroll there and then hear about a better school somewhere else. I would like to stay at a dance school for years(I'm 13) to develop my training. I hate moving from school to school because the technique that one school teaches often differs from one place to another. If anyone has any suggestions for other schools, please tell me! Thanks a bunch!

baking_balletdancer :)

Edited by baking_balletdancer
  • Administrators

It's always best to start with a professional company school, especially if you don't know the schools in the area. Visit both of them, watch the dancers in the company, watch classes. Take class. They should be the best in the area, but that doesn't mean there might not be other good schools. Your odds are just best at company schools.