Ballet Talk for Dancers

DH got a job!

vicarious

We moved so dd could be walking distance to an excellent ballet school. Because of DH's trade, we assumed finding a job would be a piece of cake. Well, it took a year of dh working out of state and coming home on weekends but, he finally got a job and will start in two weeks. He was hired one day shy of a year from the closing date on our house here. Good things come to those who wait. The job is less than 2 miles from the house and practically right behind the ballet school. Wa Hoo! :party::)

Congratulations to your family!! I know times like this are hard on families. CELEBRATE!!

Congratualtions to you all. I have made my family move continents as well as States and this has made having a career really rather impossible for my DH, and at times even getting a day job tough. All of which translates into levels of tension in the family.

Last year we considered moving to NYC for DD and theatre opportunities- auditioning from Ohio is really not workable. BUt as we discussed it we all felt the pressure that would then be placed on DD was too great. Moving for training and moving for work for a child are probably quite different.\

But anyway Congratulations to you all.

Congratulations!! :clover::wub:

You are far braver than I- my son has been begging me to move him to NYC....