• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calamitous

• hushinfazen

• KayP

• therese

ccdancer4life

I just got my letter. Wait listed, better than a rejection I guess. I was just wondering if anyone knows if wait listed students could go to another audition- I didn't perform my best at the last one.

Any info would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

DD was accepted into the BFA Ballet concentration program w/an artistic award. I don't see how we can decline such a nice financial offer however DD, although grateful for the award, isn't convinced that the program will be a good choice. Can anyone currently at PP (or parent) in the Ballet BFA program provide recent experience w/training, personal attention, schedule, etc..? How do you feel now that you have completed your first semester? Anything would be helpful.

• 2 months later...
ccdancer4life

I will be attending PPU in the fall (yay!!) with a concentration in ballet. This may seem like an odd question to ask but what is the dress code for dance classes. Overall just any info that would help me navigate my freshman year from current students would be great.

Hello ccdancer- my DD is just finishing her sophomore year as a dance major at PPU (modern). Since college she has been in charge of her own dance clothes so I can't say for sure about the dance code, but I believe it is conservative. I do know they did send pretty specific information about needs. One quick way to get some specifics about the dance program is to check on FB. There is a dance department thread populated by students who will be happy to answer your questions.

• 11 months later...

After a long decision process, DD will be attending PPU in the fall in the BFA Ballet concentration program w/ an artistic award. She attended their Dance Experience day for accepted students & was impressed with the program & faculty. She likes the conservatory-style in a university setting & feels she'll get well-rounded training that includes modern & jazz. It feels like a good fit for her!Pittsburgh is a beautiful city with lots of cultural arts so she's looking forward to the experience.

Jingle, we are residents of Pittsburgh and love it here. PPU has a very good reputation for dance. My DS will be applying for the Fall 2014. Good luck to your daughter!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a junior who wants to audition next year for PPU, is the pointe part of the audition only for those who want to have a concentration in Ballet? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

JDancer, go to the point park website and look under the conservaory program. My son is also a junior who will be auditioning next year for a contemporary concentration.

• 4 months later...

DD attended the PPU audition yesterday. There were about 50 dancers at the audition. Whatever emphasis you indicate is what you are primarily assessed on (ballet, jazz, modern) and the other disciplines are secondary in their decisions for admittance and artistic award. She really enjoyed the audition and was impressed with the large beautiful studios.

• 2 weeks later...

My DS auditioned on the same day. Accepted academically, awaiting audition results. My son has performed quite a bit there and really likes the studios and faculty.

• 2 weeks later...

DD received artistic acceptance with nice award from PPU! This was the first program response and we were very nervous. She auditioned on October 26 but knew through Facebook that friends from SIs that had also auditioned we're getting results last week.