Ballet Talk for Dancers

AnnS

I think you made the right decision, and I'm sure they understand and of course won't hold it against her!  Its not the first time it's happened, they had a big blizzard two years ago or so... I'm sure it will all work out for the best.  Glad you are staying safe!

BalletMomChicago

My DD has been accepted and is strongly considering this program.  Any updated reviews would be greatly appreciated!!

thedancermom

BalletMomChicago,  Hi! Congrats to your DD! Was just curious how long after the audition she was notified of her acceptance? My DD just auditioned for Point Park last weekend. Thanks!

AnnS

Hi thedancermom, jumping in here... My DD auditioned January 19 and received email acceptance February 5, and mail notification with scholarship award a few days later.  

thedancermom

AnnS, Great! Thanks for the info, congrats to your DD! Has she decided to attend PP? :) 

AnnS

Thanks!  That acceptance was a great boost... Our decision is a long way off; one more audition yet, and then waiting for complete aid packages and other university decisions to arrive.  It will be a numbers game for us, for sure!  I will be GLAD when the process is done.😜

Good to luck to you and your DD!

ballet19

I also auditioned this past weekend...I really enjoyed it! The staff was friendly and I love that campus is downtown.

Fingers crossed on an acceptance! 🤞

thedancermom

ballet19, Good luck! My daughter enjoyed it too, hopefully you both will get good news soon! 

thedancermom

ballet19, Hi! Have you heard anything from Point Park yet? 

Edited by dancemaven
Removed text speak per BT4D Rules and Policies

ballet19

Hello thedancermom, I did. I received an email midweek notifying me that I was not accepted into the program. Not surprised, very disappointed though. Audition season is rough sometimes. Hopefully your daughter gets better news than me! 

shewantstodance

Does anyone know if you can have dual concentration at PP?  Can you have both and Jazz and Ballet?  I thought you could but my daugther is hearing differently.  Any current students have any feedback on the program they would like to share?

littmanr

How are the classes leveled for freshman?