Ballet Talk for Dancers

Lesleysgirls923

hello everyone,  my daughter was admitted to COPA for the fall of 2021 for the ballet concentration.  Edited: We got it figured out.  :) [With her admission letter we were pointed to a Facebook group where she could talk to other dancers who may be at PP next year.  We have been waiting weeks to be let in.  Has anyone had any luck with this?]  My daughter is so excited to have been accepted.  She still is waiting on some audition results before she decides but she loves the idea of Point Park for sure!  

Edited by Lesleysgirls923
  • 3 months later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calamitous

• hushinfazen

• KayP

• therese

Can anyone speak to the audition process at PPU? What was the audition class like? Do you think it’s possible to be accepted if you don’t have much jazz experience but are strong in ballet and modern? 

DancemumCD

My daughter applied through "Dancewave" online and was accepted. She submitted one ballet and one modern/contemporary video. She is not a Jazz dancer at all. She applied for the modern concentration. 

DancemumCD- thank you! This is really helpful to know. 

Lesleysgirls923
On 2/13/2021 at 11:53 AM, Steffie said:

Can anyone speak to the audition process at PPU? What was the audition class like? Do you think it’s possible to be accepted if you don’t have much jazz experience but are strong in ballet and modern? 

My daughter was accepted as a ballet concentration and I can tell you the jazz part of her audition was not as strong as the other two portions.  I hope this helps.  :)