Ballet Talk for Dancers
Guest prettyINpointes92

The Royal Ballet

Grishkorina

hmmm I like a lot of different companies for different reasons. I love love love the Royal Ballet. They would probably be my absolute favorite. I love the dancers, the theatre, and ofcourse the fact that they like short dancers. Like most little American rinas, I like ABT. I like their dancers a lot. I like the Kirov Ballet because you just can not love Russian ballerinas. They have such poise. Finally, I like Paris Opera Ballet because of their amazing, clean technique.

Edited by Grishkorina

pointe200

The Royal Ballet are definitely my favourite, I love everything about them, but I also like ABT and ENB

Josiex33

I'd say ABT, because I love all their dancers :shrug:

etudes

The Royal Ballet would have to be my favourite because it has has such a big range of repertoire and beautiful dancers. I also love Bolshoi and NYCB... :innocent:

Kitri

I love the Kirov. Russian Ballerinas are so wonderful!

DanaD

I love Royal!

Does anyone know how to pronounce Alina Cojocaru's last name?

Clara 76

Ko-ja-CAR-ooh

Nanarina

:):sweating::wacko: After many years of working in the industry, writing, designing, and simply just watching Ballet live or on DVD, my favourite companies include:

Kirov - because of it's wonderful Character Dancers, and Vaganove system, which was the training body for such people as Altynai Aslmuritova, Farouk Ruzimatov, Svetlana Zacharova

Paris Opera Ballet, due to the wonderful technique and lavish productions, such dancers as Aurelie Dupont, a wonderful dancer, lyrical musical and a brilliant actress.

NYCB for it's preservation and protection of the Balanchine repertoire

ABT for the fresh approach of its dancers, such as Julie Kent, Paloma Herrera, Stiefel etc.

The Royal Ballet, because of loyalty, as they trained me for my career, the Dancers were my friends, and we toured together. Sir "Fred", Macmillan, and their wonderful Ballets.

ouch pouch

Paris Opera Ballet

Kirov

krkimkrkr

Stuttgart Ballet

Royal Ballet

Kirov Ballet

Bolshoi Ballet

Farrell Fan

The Suzanne Farrell Ballet, because of her devotion to the Balanchine repertory and to her students.

prodancer95

San Francisco Ballet is my favorite right now. They have great choreographers, dancers, and they are technically amazing :wink:

PinkonPointe

Hmm... NYCB, ABT, the Kirov, and I'm sure I'll think of a million more later. :D Ah yes, and the Bolshoi.

miss ashley

I absolutely love New York City Ballet and ABT! I love Stars and Stripes Forever, and one of my favorite dancers are from ABT, including Angel Corella and Julie Kent.

star13

ABT!!!! :P