Jump to content
Ballet Talk for Dancers

new (to me) step


Recommended Posts

I was watching the advanced class before my class during the week, and the teacher set a jump whose name I couldn't hear, which looked like it involved a grand battement to the front with each leg in turn, travelling slightly forwards. It was unfamiliar to me and it isn't obvious from my trusty old book what step it was. Can anyone guess what it was from my description?

Link to comment

It's also sometimes called a "hitch-kick"...

Link to comment
  • Administrators

Yes, unfortunately, even though that is certainly not in the ballet dictionary! :wink:

Link to comment

Depending on the vocabulary being used, it can also be called a jeté passé, or even a passepied.

Link to comment

Thankyou all for the replies - and no, not in my book under any of those names. I'd better get another book. This one has served me for more than 20 years so it was a good investment....

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...