Ballet Talk for Dancers
Guest arabento

what happened to the BalletAlert website?

Guest arabento

I have had www.balletalert.com on my favorites page since May. Today I tried to get on and got a search index page. Even though it says Ballet Alert it does not send me to the website. I was able to get in by using the cached page on Google and that way everything is working O.K. Is it just me and my computer or has this happened to others recently? :yucky:

dancindaughters

No, that happened to me, too. I think this site lost the domain name "ballet alert" (?)

Guest Giannina

Go to:

www.ballettalk.invisionzone.com

Giannina

BW
Ballet Talk is a direct link. You also might like to look at Dance View Times where you'll recognize quite a few names of writers and reviewers :yucky:

Alexandra

There is a problem with the balletalert site -- we're working with their tech people.

Guest arabento

Thanks for your quick replies. I was starting to think it was me as I am technically computer illiterate (according to my oldest son and husband), but I am learning. It is nice to know it isn't me but the website. Once again thanks. Now I'd better leave, before the thunderstorms affect my computer.

Alexandra

No, no! Fear not! You did not delete the site :yucky: We just got a response from the tech people, and they're moving on what needs to be fixed. It should be all right, I hope, by tomorrow. (For the curious, our site was up for renewal, and it's been set to renew automatically since 1998 (!!!). For some reason, it didn't renew automatically and we didn't get a notice that we had to renew it. That's now been taken care of.)

DON HO

Thank goodness this has been cleared up! I'm out of town and using a "foreign" computer and couldn't understand why I was unable to access Ballet Alert. Thanks to all who fixed the problem :yucky:

Guest twinkletoad5000

Don Ho,

Me too! Not a totally foreign computer, but my laptop in a foreign place! DD quickly got me fixed with the right address. I figured it was something that would get straightened out.

Alexandra

Yes, it's back. That WAS fast!!