Ballet Talk for Dancers

University of North Carolina School of the Arts/UNCSA

Guest lazer.star

Superfeet101

Thats cool Bizzerp! I got accepted also for the 9th grade program. I knew about the dean, and of course Ms. Hayden, but i didnt know about Mr. Han! He also taught my audition.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• balletbooster

• lovemydancers

• dancingawaymylifesavings

Superfeet101

I'm defantly going if my transcripts check out. I've been accepted to the ballet part, but i'm still not sure if my other stuff is ok. I'm waiting for reply. I auditioned at NcSA for their winter festival.

Oh! i also auditioned at the winter dance festival! i just recieved my paper recently in the mail that said i have officially been accepted with my transcripts and everything. I am also going to attend open house there.

Superfeet101

Where were you at barre? I was on the first barre in Rasberry/red leotard. I hope my transcripts check out! What grade will you be attending? I'm going to be in 9th grade. I hope everything works. Whens the open house? DId they send you the rest of the info later?

Edited by Superfeet101
thats sad. but they are lucky to have him. he is great.

dd is concerned that the dance program will lose some of it's classical focus with the loss of Mr. Han and Ms. Hayden. Is this something to be concerned about for the fall '07 term?

There is no reason to believe that will happen. DD's class was told by one of the faculty that they are looking for teachers who are not just good teachers, but who are "teachers who know people", who have connections in the dance world, who will be able to help the kids get jobs. All of the ballet teachers are well-versed in the classical repertory. I believe that the tradition will continue.

""teachers who know people", who have connections in the dance world, who will be able to help the kids get jobs. All of the ballet teachers are well-versed in the classical repertory. I believe that the tradition will continue."

While I do not think the classical rep will change, they DO need assistance with future planning post high school, as none exists at present

Karen, this concerns me. This is our first year here, and I have gotten many different reports from students who have graduated (all of them along the lines of B1 and B2 kids get exposure, the rest are on their own); what is typically expected of the faculty of a residency? Perhaps this should be a thread all its own?

I think that by an instructor's articulation of this, at least some of the faculty has recognized that it is a need. We were told by faculty (and, as I said, students and parents) before we committed to NCSA that there were ADs/reps who were invited in each year to "look at" talented kids. Is this NOT the case?

Where were you at barre? I was on the first barre in Rasberry/red leotard. I hope my transcripts check out! What grade will you be attending? I'm going to be in 9th grade. I hope everything works. Whens the open house? DId they send you the rest of the info later?

i was on the center barre that was for the people just auditioning for the year program. there were only three of us. i was in a black leotard. you can pm me, and we can talk! im also going to be in the ninth grade!! but it is not definate yet that i will be attending. i am also considering another program.... im not sure if i can say that on here, pm me if you can!!!!!

Superfeet101

Can you pm me first? For some reasong it wont let me when i click on PM. I think i already met you. Did you wear a white placement belt............. were you the one who got in PNB, and is attending Harid( if you arent then ignore this)?

Can you pm me first? For some reasong it wont let me when i click on PM. I think i already met you. Did you wear a white placement belt............. were you the one who got in PNB, and is attending Harid( if you arent then ignore this)?

Hi Superfeet101!! I was on the first bar too. I go to the same dance studio as Bizzerbip and I am going to NCSA if they like my grades. I think I know where you were. Wasn't there another girl next to you in the same color leotard? Did you or your friend attend the Kirov summer program?

Sincerely,

Dancingcabbage

Superfeet101

yup same if they like my grades! Yep! My friend was the one who went to the kirov, but it really sucks because she didnt make........i was sure she did! I was the short one. You were in front of me right? your small too?

yup same if they like my grades! Yep! My friend was the one who went to the kirov, but it really sucks because she didnt make........i was sure she did! I was the short one. You were in front of me right? your small too?

Yep!!!! I remember you! I am pretty small. Are you nervous about going? I am. I hope I get a good room mate!

Superfeet101

OM GOSH! i hope i get offically in w/ my grades and every thing! I'm scared about what level i'm going to be in! And room mates!!!!!! Ahhhhh! I read some where way back on this thing about the levels range from b5( the highest) , b6,b7, and b8( the lowest) and in the nutcracker only b5 gets to do snow/waltz........and the other levels are lined up by height and the shortest get to be solders/mother ginger! Wow i'm really nervous about this all.