Ballet Talk for Dancers
Guest somedaySAB

Best dancers technically

Claude_Catastrophique

Well, some time ago I heard that Kusha Alexis Technique is said to be perfect. Last time I say her on stage I had to check this and it was really true. She has perfect technique.

balletbum74

I think that Irina Dvorovenko has flawless technique! I saw her perform Le Corsaire and she always looks great in pictures. Her lines are very clean.

thedancingj

I think that after a certain point their technique pretty much all seems flawless to me!! I would be very hard-pressed to find anything wrong technically with anyone above a soloist level at ABT, NYCB, SFB, Royal Ballet, Kirov, etc etc... They are all beautiful, unique, and strong.

little_dancer123

Along with a few of you, I think Alina is really great :jump:! From little_dancer123 x

yankee

Silvie Guillem (thanks Clara 76!).

eryn
wow, It amazes me that everyone names the same 10 dancers, more or less. I just wanted to add in Daniil Simkin to the pile. I could name some you have already said but he was missing. His technique is very good and he is very young.

I AGREE!! :D

Memo

I am a big Daniil Simkin fan but I think you have to differentiate between students and seasoned professionals. Daniil is in his first year as a professional dancer. David Halberg for instance has been dancing in a company for 10 years. There are alot of elements that are developed during the professional experience that will transform a dancer from student to professional.

Dancer28

i'm suprised no one listed him... but i think mikhail baryshnikov is amazing! (even though he isn't in a major dance company, but he's still alive!)

Ballet Obsessed

Svetlana Zakharova has such gorgeous technique that I get hypnotized every time I see her dance in a video. If only I could see her live, my life would be complete :blushing::wub:

Sylvie Guillem was also incredibly amazing.

I will add Maria Alexandrova simply because I feel that there seems to be no female dancer today that can attain the beautiful technique in her jumps and the height she can reach. Her jumps are truly stunning. (I can't stop seeing a video of her as Myrtha! She truly makes the most amazing Myrtha today!)

ballerino81

I think Lucia Lacarra and Freidemann Vogel....but also Polina Semionova...

Hamorah

We went to Russia last summer and I finally got to see the Bolshoi at home! I was lucky enough to see Zakharova as Kitri in Don Q and she was amazing!!!!! Quite, quite brilliant! The thing is though that there are so many brilliant dancers nowadays, but for my money they need to be artists as well as outstanding technicians. The truly great show both aspects.

iloveballet812

definitely svetlana

Allegrodancer

Sylvie Guillem, Sofiane Sylve, Svetlana Zakharova, Polina Semionova...

Vladimir Malakov, Daniil Simkin, Mikhail Ilyin...

If I really had to narrow it down all the way though, I would vote for Guillem and Malakov...

TuTuPrincess

From a smaller company (TBT) Enrica Guana Tseng. She is amazing. :):):)

bravo

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Natalia Osipova yet...

Truly lovely.