Ballet Talk for Dancers

Schedule for next year

luv2dance515

I have done ballet for a year and a half, pointe for about 7 months. I'm switching schools so that I can take more classes, because I want to go pro. I had a meeting with my teacher the other day to pick clases and she said because I'm kind of behind (im 13) I'll need to take grade 5 and intermediate in the same year (its RAD). Is this schedule okay?

Monday

4:15 - 5:10 tap

5:15 - 6:10 jazz

6:15 - 7:10 grade 5 RAD w/ character

7:15 - 8:30 intermediate RAD

Tuesday

5:00 - 5:55 senior ballet 1 (there's two levels)

6:00 - 6:55 ballet 5 non syllabus

Wednesday

4:00 - 4:55 ballet 4/5 non syllabus

5:00 - 5:55 senior ballet 1 first half of year then intermediate RAD pointe for second half (im not quite ready for it yet)

Thursday

6:15 - 7:10 grade 5 RAD

7:15 - 7:45 elementary pointe for first half of year

7:15 - 8:15 senior ballet 1 for second half of year

Friday

4:45 - 5:55 intermediate RAD

Saturday

12:15 - 1:10 modern

Sunday

1:00 - 5:00 or 6:00 rehearsal for HVDT if I make it in every Sunday until December, when the Nutcracker's over

Sorry if the pointe on Wednesday and Thursday are kind of confusing. Thanks!

• Administrators

I'm going to leave this one for Mr. Johnson, as he is much more in tune with the RAD way of doing things. My concern would be the length of the ballet classes, which are quite short.

My concerns echo Ms. Leigh's. I think I know what's going on with your Wednesdays and Thursdays, but I'll have to ask at the studio in order to make sure.

Thanks Ms. Leigh and Mr. Johnson. The classes are kind of short but there's no way to make them longer. I can add private lessons on some days, and because I take so many, I can take unlimited classes, so I can take lower level classes or whatever on some days also.

Guest SammyAnn

Wow, I hate to admit it but I'm jealous of the amount of dance you get to take! Just be careful not to burn yourself out with all that dance, cause that definitely could happen! Good luck!