Ballet Talk for Dancers

Denmark: programs there

Guest Kela

I was wondering if anyone knew of any dance programs in Denmark that accepts International students from the USA year round. Something preferably for college students wanting to dance and study would be nice. Thanks! The help would be greatly appreciated.

That's kind of a tall order. As you may know, the Royal Danish Ballet School is not only the big dog on the block, it's pretty much the only dog in town. In the summer, there is the Bartholin Seminar, but that's only in summer. Even when dancers from the RDB retire, they tend to go elsewhere in order to open their own schools if they don't end up teaching for the company school.

Yeah I had a feeling it was that way. I actually attended their summer program at the Bartholin Ballet seminar, and was just praying that there was something like that year round.

• 3 years later...
Yeah I had a feeling it was that way. I actually attended their summer program at the Bartholin Ballet seminar, and was just praying that there was something like that year round.

You said you attended the Bartholin Ballet seminar. How did you like it? and how many people are in one class? Thanks :blushing:

• 1 year later...

Bartholin is a very fun summer program. There are many fun activities to do in lovely copenhagen and the ballet classes are great. Even though the class sizes are a little large I learned a lot from the renowned teachers there. If you're a type of person that's shy and won't stand in the front etc. to get corrections, it's not the right summer program for you. You must be technically advanced to get through the some what challenging curriculum. You also have to be willing to put yourself out there to the teachers so that you'll get the full learning experience. I really enjoyed my time there and i'd definitely go there again!