Ballet Talk for Dancers

Company

Guest PointeBaby_x3

Guest PointeBaby_x3

Well i wasnt sure where to put this..but I didn`t make Company. :angry: Ughh..but I`m not going to give up. I love ballet too much to give up. He said my ankles needed to be stronger on pointe. I just thought I would let you guys know that. Thanks everyone for your help before tryouts.

- China

Well, just suck it up, dust yourself off, continue to work hard in class, and make sure that you have the best training you can possibly obtain. There's always another audition! :angry:

Guest PointeBaby_x3

Ooohh..and I am going to start going to another extra pointe class on Friday`s to help build strength!! Because this next year I am going to make it. - :angry:

Awww, I love your dad's quote!! And it is so true! I had a lot of bumps in the road along the way but I am now dancing in a professional ballet company. For years I was in class with girls who the teachers thought were going to really make it but I was just the 'hard worker' :blushing: Now looking back on everything I think growing up like this created one of my biggest strengths. I learned to have a tough skin and was used to not being the 'favorite'. I worked for everything that I got and continue to work this way in my company. It is amazing because many of the 'favorites' I trained with (who were extremely talented) gave up once the going got tough and aren't even dancing now. I also find that many of the dancers who do make it professionally were used to getting the lead roles all the time and have a very hard time adjusting when everything isn't handed to them, a lot of them aren't used the the 'fight' that I have known my entire dancing life! Sometimes coming from behind can be to your advantage...just hang in there and get yourself really strong this year. If you want it bad enough I think you can make it happen! People are always amazed when they see me and how much I have progressed and continue to progress...sometimes slow and steady can win the race!!! :D

Oopps! I just realized this was the younger dancers board! Hope it is okay!!

Kiki, thank-you for your post. My DD and I just read you post tegeather. She and I have had this exact discussion many times regarding the fact that hard work does pay off in the end. Sometimes you just have to be very patient. It means going to class every day, never missing!, and always trying to make yourself work a little harder. My DD has never been one of the favorites, and there have been times when she has wondered how it is that a teacher would choose another dancer over her for a particular "spot" or "dance," especially a dancer who doesn't come to class regularly or go to the extra ballet classes they should be at. However, in the long run it is my daughter who benefits from one more class then that dancer and a smaller class that day. When we need to have this discussion now and then, I remind her of a little saying.....Success isn't what is most important in life, it is what you overcome while trying to Succeed. Point Baby X3 keep working hard, take those extra ballet classes, it will pay off.