Ballet Talk for Dancers
americanlostinUK

Ballet schools in England - London

americanlostinUK

I'm not exactly new to london. I'm starting my third year here in fact. I've only been dancing for two years but I really love it and am even considering making it a carrer. My problem is that I am not getting enough ballet classes. this ismy current schedule:

Monday

senior ballet 500-630 (pointe)

Tuesday

senior ballet 445-600

Wednesday

senior ballet 445-600

thursday

rehersals (times vary)

Friday

pointe 430-600

Saturday

senior ballet 915-1100 (pointe)

elementary ballet 1100-1230

jazz 115-215

i would really like to get more ballet in during the week but i have not found a school that will allow me to do this. anyone have any suggestions?

americanlostinUK

anyone there?

Victoria Leigh

Hello americanlostinUK, welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers! :D

I'm not real thrilled with the hour and 15 minutes tech. classes. Just don't see how one can do a decent upper level class in anything less than an hour and a half.

americanlostinUK

well I have never known anything else, I'm completely open to other schools, I just haven't been able to find any that I can make it to.

Victoria Leigh

I think you may have to wait for some of our British members to come to your aid. I'm afraid that I am not familiar with the schools in London. But we do have a lot of posters from the UK here :D

Mel Johnson

Good heavens! It's what? Two or three o'clock in the morning in London? Give our poor Londoners a chance! They need their sleep, too!

About 3 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time the first of them should be up and answering.

americanlostinUK

well I'm going away for two days, if anyone from london replies while I'm gone, thank you very much! I won't be able to answer any questions for a bit though

Dance_Scholar_London

Where are you taking these classes? Are these RAD classes (as all of the RAD classes in London are only 1:15). It would be useful to know your age and location in London. In case you want to make a career out of it, try to get asap into an Associate programme such as CSB, ENB, LSC or RBS which would give you a long Saturday full of extra classes in addition to your regular classes.

americanlostinUK

none of these are RAd classes. I should have specified before, sorry. I am 15 and I live in kensington. I will check into assosiate programs, thank you. I was just looking and I can't find a website for ENB's associate program, does it have one?

Edited by americanlostinUK

americanlostinUK

what is LSC? I have never heard of it. I feel kind of stupid asking but all the auditions for the other assosiate programs have already taken place.

jbtlse

London Studio Centre.

London Junior Ballet holds classes there--they do have a website, although I know nothing about them.

I forgot this was the teen board--sorry.

Dance_Scholar_London

LSC = London Studio Centre

The new academic year starts in a couple of weeks, all auditions have already taken place but there are always exceptions. Just try it

americanlostinUK

well I emailed CSB and london junior ballet hasn't had auditions yet yay! :yucky:

Dance_Scholar_London

Good luck and keep us posted :)

americanlostinUK

audition was today. It was the first audition I'd ever been to. It went okay for me I think. They kept saying do this if you're andvanced 1 and this if you're intermediate and I was a bit confused (then I figured out they meant RAD levels :angry: ) I find out whether or not I made it in a week!

Edited by americanlostinUK