Ballet Talk for Dancers

Miami City Ballet School

Allegrodancer

Miamidancer000

Hi Everyone, 

my daughter was just accepted as a new student. Her acceptance only says for “year round” and does not list a level like the SI acceptances do.  Do this seem right to those who were accepted for year round? Unfortunately, the log in link they sent with our acceptance doesn’t work! Ugh.  Too much suspense. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Allegrodancer

• LRivers

• BW

• cahill

Top Posters In This Topic

Miamidancer000, That is a lot of suspense! You can probably call the school for level placement and log in information.

My daughter found out she was changing schools 5 weeks before classes begin, I can not imagine finding out days before. Best of luck!

Miamidancer000, my dancer is not at MCB, but yes her invite included the level. 

I would expect to know what level my dancer would be in before committing to a new school. 

Have you called them yet? I am sure they will be able to give you the information that you are looking for.

Miamidancer000

Yes, called several times(no answer) and emailed. I got an email response just saying they were having technical difficulties.  They still did tell me the level. 😭

• 5 months later...
MarianneG

Hi,

Could someone give an example of the PP1’s schedule? I’m looking to attend this coming year.

Fouronlychildren

This year there is just one level in the PP Program, but the students are separated into three smaller groups. They dance daily from about 9:30-1:30 or 10:30-2:30, with a slightly shorter schedule on Saturdays. Classes include: ballet, pointe, variations, Spanish, contemporary, choreography, Pilates, and rep. No partnering this year, obviously.

Please note this is a very different schedule than last year (when they danced in the afternoon approximately 1-5p), so there is no guarantee next year’s schedule won’t be wildly different. Hope that helps.

MarianneG

Thank you!

I imagine the new schedule is a byproduct of Covid. 

• 1 month later...

The PP program mentioned above- are they now offering a program for post high school aged students? I thought they only took students through high school at MCB (in the same manner as SAB) and didn't have any kind of training program that you could join?  Thanks for any tips! My dd graduates high school this year and is considering some post grad, pre pro, and training programs for this fall, and didn't realize this one might be an option - if it is - so wondering if it would be something to consider auditioning for next year or is that too old? Thanks!!