Ballet Talk for Dancers
Shadow

Online Videos: Polina Semionova

Shadow

I found this German (?) music video on an internet site. The dancer is sooooo beautiful!! Does anyone know who she is? Wow!

The music is really lovely too. Check it out:

beautiful dancer

Edited by Shadow

tutumonkey

No idea who she is but she's certainly lovely to watch. For her pointe work is that an example of lifting out of your shoes? :o

dbleon

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL....what an amazing dancer! WOW.... :o

TutuMaker

It is Polina Semionova. Here's more info.

angel_lissa_91

Knock Knock

She is such a beautiful dancer!! It was such a delight to watch! :)

Marga

Here is a nice article about Polina written by Nina Alovert (well-known dance photographer and journalist) for last October's Dance Magazine:

On the Rise: Polina Semionova

Guest afroballet01

*knock knock* WOW.I just watched the video and it is now one of my favorites.She is an amazing dancer!

Shadow

TutuMaker,

Thanks for solving the mystery for me! I knew someone here would know who she was right away! :wink:

She is really special isn't she? Amazing how she can look so STUNNING in sweatpants!

Shadow :)

toedancer

knock Knock

Thank you so much for posting that video! I watched it right away four times in a row. She is a beautiful dancer!

Shadow

Marga, I love this part of the article you found....

"But a ballet career did not always seem to be in the stars for Semionova. At 8 years old, she dreamed of attending the famous Bolshoi Academy and prayed that she would get in but was rejected after her first audition. Since her brother, Dmitry (who is currently with The Kirov Ballet,) was accepted, Semionova's family encouraged her to keep trying. One year later, she was accepted into a preparatory class and two years later, she was enrolled in the academy."

Very inspirational!

baking_balletdancer

Knock Knock

That was a beautiful video! I loved it. The ballerina was so beautiful and graceful.

baking_balletdancer

dancemaven

DD had found that clip several months ago and showed me. The dancer is exquisite. DD now uses that "over-the-shoulder" shot as her screensaver. The illumination and joy in the dancer's smiling eyes are simply breathtaking.

Mrs. Stahlbaum

That is so beautiful, I have watched it over and over again. Any German speakers out there who can give us the gist of what the song is about? Is the singer a popular German singer?

Marga

Yes, his name is Herbert Groenemeyer and he has released many albums. I don't speak German, but lyrics to his songs are available online if you care to do some searching.

Guest afroballet01

I took out the translation I gave since shulie has posted a MUCH better translation of the song on page 2.

Edited by afroballet01