Ballet Talk for Dancers
Shadow

Online Videos: Polina Semionova

lsu

I am glad to see the link up and running again. I spoke with the guy who has it on his website, his name is Sven by the way, and he said there were so many hits on his website that he had to pay extra fees for the high volume of traffic, so he pulled the plug on the video.

ondine88

Technical Question

somewhere earlier in this thread someone said they made a still of one of Polina's poses in the video to use for their desktop - how do you do that - I've tried and can't figure out how - I have a MAC if that makes any difference..........thanks

Guest ghj

ou my, that was beautiful. I watched it over and over again. Haven`t seen anything more beautiful. I think i have to go to Germany watch her :wub:B)

americanlostinUK

wow that was some amazing work! i wish i had extensions like that! what's even funnier is the only reason i watched is because i have a really beautiful photo of her cut out of the sunday post magazine from about a year ago when she did swan lake with english national ballet (it seems like i had just started ballet then...wow time flies!) anyway i have a picture of her on my wall and i recognized the name!

Siegelife

Wow, I'm so glad that is back up. She really is something else.

puppies_fly

I heard (on dance.net) that the reason it was originally taken down was because of too many people using its bandwidth, so if you plan to watch it over and over again (you know you love it!) you might want to use this adress instead: click here I downloaded and then re-uploaded it to a new server that will not take it down.

Guest Vashti

Regarding Polina Seminova Video on the Mensch DVD,

After reading the post from Vicarious, I ordered the Mensch DVD from Germany. Now a am trying to find out if anyone who has this DVD, if their DVD player plays PAL and all regions. Because if it does not I was told that the DVD player will lock into that region code after it has played 4 times. the only other way I know to get in on the TV is to buy a new IPOD(Video) and hook it up to a TV with a cable then you can get Polina on your TV set. I already have it full screen on my computer because I upgraded my Quicktime Media Player.

I may just have to invest in a new DVD player that plays Pal/Ntsc all regions. I am not sure. If anyone is able to give me information on this DVD I purchased, please advise me.

Thanks,

Vashti

Edited by Clara 76

ondine88

Hi Vashti

Yes I am one that plays that video over and over and so does my daughter. I clicked on your link but didn't know where to go after that - do you have more info?

Do you a link for ordering the DVD? Thanks.

vicarious

Vashti- I have no idea what's going on with your DVD player. That sounds so strange. You must be very frustrated. I haven't had any trouble playing the DVD. My DVD player is a cheap one from Wal-mart, Cyberhome made in China. I've played it many times.

Ondine88-

Here's the link to order the DVD. It came to about $47 US. Charged through my regular US amazon account. It took a little longer in arriving but I don't think it was even two weeks.

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000...6350544-0072831

Everything was in German and Euros.  Basically I just logged onto the German Amazon, entered my US Amazon email and password and did the order.  I opened another screen and had the US Amazon up so that I could match the buttons and make sure I was clicking on the right ones.

Guest Vashti

Vicarious,

Thank-you for responding. I have not tried it yet because it had (PAL) on the back of the video and my Toshiba DVD player said it would not play PAL. I also wanted to use it in my computer DVD player, but I guess I will try it in my Toshiba DVD player for the TV. Just in case it does not work, What model is your Cyberhome DVD player from Walmart? Also have you played American DVDS from the same DVD player after you have played the Polina DVD many times? From what I was told was if your DVD is PAL and not US region code, playing it more than 4 times could lock your DVD player in to their region and you would no longer be able to play US region code DVDS.  I read this online and thats what Toshiba told me.  However if you have not had any problems, I need to go to Walmart. Also what information should come up when you click on my link? I don't know much about this website.

Thank-you

Vashti

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000...6350544-0072831

Edited by Clara 76

vicarious
What model is your Cyberhome DVD player from Walmart? Also have you played American DVDS from the same DVD player after you have played the Polina DVD many times?  Also what information should come up when you click on my link? I don't know much about this website.

My player is a CH-DVD 300. I've had no trouble with American DVDs after playing the Polina. Mine doesn't say anything about PAL.

When you click on this link it should look just like you are looking at the product discription for a DVD on the US Amazon site except that everything is in German. All the buttons do the same thing but have German names. That's why I opened the US Amazon to whatever DVD and compared them so that I know what the names on the buttons meant. Anyway it should just look like you're on Amazon only in German.

Guest Vashti

Vicarious,

I ordered my Mensch DVD from that same exact website. Amazon.De. On the back of the packaging of the DVD is where I found the Region Code (Frei) meaning free and PAL in very small letters. I looked at all of my other DVDS and they say NTSC. So anyway My DVD manual said it would not play PAL DVD's. So I will have to buy a DVD player like the one you have. You can find out more about PAL/NTSC and Region Codes on the web. Some DVD players play all regions. Thank-You for all your information. I willl be excited to watch my DVD. I just looked up your DVD player online after I wrote this post to you, your DVD player supports PAL. Thats why it works.

Vashti

Edited by Clara 76

Guest grace

i haven't watched the video, because my computer is a bit slow with videos - but i looked at the still shots. and the grand battament devant is so 'lifted' in the body that it's quite intriguing...

lovely poses - all of them. i will try to view the video on another computer.

Clara 76

Hello all-

I have modified some posts to remove what appeared to be unnecessary quotes.

When you want to reply without quoting the entire post, scroll down to very bottom, and choose ADD REPLY. This way, you'll avoid quoting all previous posts!!

Thanks!

sballetgrl

So happy to see the link again. I was looking for it recently and I was heartbroken that it wasn't running but then i saw the new link. Boy, am I pleased!!