Ballet Talk for Dancers

Ab workout

Guest LostDreams

Guest LostDreams

Does anybody know of a really beneficial abs workout? Like a combination of different kinds of crunches and stretches? I have to work on my stomach muscles.....So if anybody knows of one, that'd be great! Oh, if this isn't in the right place, sorry! Please move it to where it's supposed to be! :pinch:

You don't need abs isolations to improve your ballet - what you need is more ballet! If you are working your body correctly, you get all the work that your abdominals can handle, and then some! Just pulling up and in on your abs all the time will improve your posture, and also make your abs stronger.

• Administrators

Do realize, however, that Mr. Johnson said MORE ballet classes AND that you have to really work your abs, as well as all of your muscles, correctly in those classes! If you are not taking daily classes, then some additional ab work might be helpful.

Shucks, who was talking about just pulling up and in only in class? When I say all the time, that's what I mean, ALL THE TIME! :wink: That's a lot of additional ab work right there! All your waking hours! :shrug::blink:

Are you serious? :offtopic: My teacher said that once....but do you acutally mean that we should be pulled up all the time?

Well, there could be exceptions, but generally, anytime you're standing counts as all the time. I was once in an Air Force hospital for a couple of days, and an inspection team led by a General came by the place just to see how it was doing. We were told to "lie in the beds at the position of attention". I think that was a bit extreme.

:offtopic: Wow, that was extreme!!! I think I"m going to need to write 'abs' on my hand everyday from now on then. But if I go to hospital, I'll myself a break...

Just for being pulled up all the time and what not, I have this tendency to get really bad nosebleeds, so I practice pulling up while I'm waiting for it to stop. :D