Ballet Talk for Dancers
balletbooster

Fordham University/ Alvin Ailey Affiliated program

tutumama

Rejection received this evening. Luckily, we were at a different program today visiting their Honor's college program and she really liked it. I'm glad that she liked the other program before she received her rejection. Good luck to everyone!!!

MissDonna

All BFA’s do their academics at Lincoln Center. I believe dancers are not permitted to take class in the Bronx, not that I think they would ever be able to fit in the commute and the class.

FiorentinaNJ

My DD was waitlisted at Fordham/Ailey. I’m not sure what that means! She’s strong academically but she’s more classical ballet than modern, so maybe that’s the problem. I need to see the email so we can understand the next steps. Anyone else?

Sarah Pedulla

Question- when it comes to solos, I see that it says a solo should be not more than 3 minutes but not less than two minutes. How strict are they about these things? If it is a little bit under two minutes will she be penalized? Thank you.

lengo

Have they sent out Audition invites yet?  My DD  has heard back from all the other schools and has scheduled them except for this one.  

lengo

Have you heard back about auditioning?

moyamoya

I’m sorry. I just saw this post. My D received audition invitation on Nov. 28th.