Ballet Talk for Dancers
cmtaka

Fernando Bujones

Amy'sMom

Such sad news. My condolences to his family and friends.

robinmc

It is a somber day in Orlando today, we have lost not just a great dancer, or director but a great man. He has inspired many and his legency will continue. He showed strength and courage throught out his life. Fernando will be missed greatly. He made Orlando Ballet the great company it is today, his inspiration is instilled in all the dancers at Orlando.

Our prayers go out to his family and to all he has touched in his shorten life.

Tuesday

Wow, very sad news, indeed. Fernando Bujones has been an inspiration to my latino DS. May he rest in peace.

nlkflint

So sad. What a loss. And to clarify, turns out he had malignant melanoma that in turn metastisized to lung, etc. It wasn't even lung cancer after all.

This is such a loss for the ballet community and for Orlando. Not even to mention his family. He was so young.

liljules5

My prayers go out all of my friends at Orlando Ballet, the staff, and his family, especially his wife, Maria. In the little time I knew Fernando, he was such an inspiration. Heaven is now a better place.

Alina

I was dancing with Boston Ballet when Fernando met Maria. Their relationship was truly a great love story. Two people meant for each other. My heart goes out to her-so soon and young to lose the love of your life. The same to his daughter that he loved dearly. Dad should be there to see you graduate, marry, have his grandchildren. Seems so unfair, tragic, and unexplainable. It is a huge loss to the dance world and a monumental one for his family. We as his dance family shall never forget all he has contributed.

sgmca

From the Orlando Sentinel article....

Asked in 2000 what he hoped his legacy might be, Bujones said, speaking of himself in the third person: "He can dramatically alter the artistic standards of a company by the outstanding knowledge and experience his career has enriched him with. Moreover, his humane, caring qualities place him in a class of his own. Every dancer who has worked with him has only the best to say about him."

Mr. Bujones worked with my daughter's ballet company. She does have only the best to say about him, how caring and kind he was and how incredibly talented. Our prayers are with the Bujones family. He will be missed...

2dance

Such very sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. What a great man!

ABTBluebird

I can't believe he is gone... He was such an amazing teacher and person. :unsure: