LittleSeaShelb

And then there was Cynthia Gregory.... :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Victoria Leigh

Ah yes, not bad at all! :D

Damian Woetzel pulls some pretty amazing stuff. He can change positions very easily. He goes from retire to attitude, to arabesque, etc...with a lot of ease...all the while turning until he runs out of inertia.

I really have nothing constructive to add, but "wow" to that video of Sofiane Sylve! I really struggle with pirouettes myself (curse those doubles!) so watching natural turners awes me.

That child... wow. What an amazing center. There was nothing dance about it, though, like you said - all tricks. Hopefully the judges notice this sort of thing. While they're impressive little spins (all those fouettes! :thumbsup: ), jazz is so much more than that.

The first video, though... that must feel amazing, to have that kind of center. :shrug: She makes it look so incredibly easy.

Help! I CANNOT get the Sofiane video to work! Clara76, can you send me a link to my e-mail?

Thanks!

b1

Help!  I CANNOT get the Sofiane video to work!  Clara76, can you send me a link to my e-mail?

Thanks!

b1

Yes, here it is:Sofiane SylveClick on the word 'Video' underneath her picture.

Have you updated your Windows Media Player lately? When I click on the original link, it automatically opens Windows Media Player and starts to play the video clip.

Let me know if that helps.

Clara 76

LittleSeaShelb

I agree with Mrs. Leigh. I just recently saw Michele Jimenez for the first time and her turns were so smooth! The thing that surprised me was when I first was her I didn't expect her to be such a great turner because she also has amazing feet and most people with very flexable and archy feet can't turn well. The surprise only made the turns even more amazing. :yucky:

We West Coasters need to add a few names to the list. I think that there are few dancers who can turn better than Tina LeBlanc or Lorena Feijoo.

Let me add two dancers from the Orlando Ballet: Katia Garza, whose easy multiple turns, whether piqués, pirouettes, or fouettés, are absolutely incredible, and Eddy Tovar, a 9+ revolution pirouetter, who ends his turns with a great smile!

• 2 weeks later...

wow that last video is beautiful! she acts like its so easy, and shes flawless! thanks for showing us that clip!

Archived