Ballet Talk for Dancers

Halloween in class

SingerWhoMoves

Ok, so I was informed tonight that it is a tradition in Kat's class for everyone to wear a costume to class on halloween. A costume that it is possible to take class in. There is a contest as well. Any ideas???? :)

Well- a ballerina! I've been a cat, a sexy witch (short dress, tights, slippers- all black of course), french maid, devil (red shoes!) pirate, nurse, fairy, you can find or make any of these with a basic colored leotard, colored tights, and short flaired skirts- there are also short danceable costumes in costume shops and department stores. What fun!

Singer -

Check out Ricky's in NYC. They have a bajillion halloween costumes. While I wouldn't really suggest buying them there (very expensive), they have tons of ideas. And most of them are composed of tights and short skirts :blushing:

Ashley

A while back me and my class decided that for holloween we were all going to wear matching tutus and not tell our teacher until we walk into class....as a cute little joke. :)

Hi Sandi. I was just out on a walk and had an idea for a costume—Greek statue. I'm very pale so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to powder myself white! White leotard and tights, some sort of sheet toga thing, powder/makeup and voila. Of course I could imagine that being too messy to take class in. Just think, everyone will start sweating and makeup running off, tails/horns/feathers flying... sounds like an adventure. :)

Greek statue. I'm very pale so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to powder myself white! White leotard and tights, some sort of sheet toga thing, powder/makeup and voila.

BTW did you all know that all the Greek statues originally used to be colored? A lot of crazy, bright, almost neon- like colors in archaic period (here the "archer" from the late archaic temple in Aegina, Greece, around 500 b.C.) http://www.presse.uni-erlangen.de/infocent...nte-goetter.gif, more subtle coloring in classic period and really corny pastel colors (baby blue &pink) in Hellenistic period. Time has made the colors of most of them fade away but it is possible to make them visible again. Even architecture was painted!

However most statues we know as marble are roman copies from Greek bronze cast originals (which are lost today)- in classic period most statues were made from bronze, not marble.

Just my two cents as an aspiring archeologist :D

A couple years ago, some friends and I thought it would be funny to wear skeleton suits and tutus. Go as the "New York City Ballet"

Sorry, that's in poor taste.

But it was kinda funny when we were talking about it.

I'm terrible at Halloween.

A couple years ago, some friends and I thought it would be funny to wear skeleton suits and tutus. Go as the "New York City Ballet"