Ballet Talk for Dancers
Guest FireDancer79

I can't register for the other board

Guest FireDancer79

Help? I've been trying for a few months now and it won't work!

Victoria Leigh

The registration is the same as for this board. You fill it out, you receive an email to validate your email address, and when you respond to that, you are registered. You do have to be 16 for that board, and hotmail email addresses do not work.

Guest FireDancer79

Believe me I've tried! It keeps saying I am not allowed... :blushing:

Here is the error I get:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board

Edited by FireDancer79

Victoria Leigh

I'm sorry, I do not know why that is happening. Perhaps Mr. Johnson can help you when he gets here.

Mel Johnson

Question 1: Have you ever been on the other board in the past?

Question 2: Have you always owned the computer you're working on now?

Guest FireDancer79
Question 1:  Have you ever been on the other board in the past?
No.

Question 2:  Have you always owned the computer you're working on now?

Definitely not, but I've tried some several different computers. :blushing: Edited by FireDancer79

Mel Johnson

Aha! I think I have an idea what may be causing the problem. I can't work on it right now, but later when I get home, I'll look into the Admin Control Panel and compare several things, then try to shoehorn you in. I'll be in touch via e-mail.

Guest FireDancer79

Thank you very much. Just as a warning, I may not be online much in the coming days, but I will definitely check my e-mail as often as I can. :blushing:

Mel Johnson

OK, you're pre-registered. It should be OK now.

dazedandconfused

Mr. Johnson -- Try as I might (and I admit I may be bleary-brained from Nut rehearsals), I am also having the problem the other member is referring to. I am pulling my hair out as well. Have been a member of Ballet Talk for Dancers for over 18 mos, roughly. I apologise the answer is staring me in the face and I just can't see it. :clapping:

Victoria Leigh

Dazedandconfused, are you registering and confirming the email from the same computer?

dazedandconfused

No, I'm not. We've both changed addresses and pc's since Jan of '04 when I first registered.

Dazedandconfused, are you registering and confirming the email from the same computer?

dazedandconfused

Ms. Leigh -- I think I may have figured out at least what part of the problem is. I sometimes use the home office computer and then sometimes my laptop. I forget that my email is attached only to my laptop and that probably confuses the server, at the very least. I'm going to try to log out (which may also cause some problems because sometimes, I must admit, I forget to log off one if I'm going to use another). Shame on me. :clapping: Anyway, I can probably get this square without too many more gyrations.

No, I'm not.  We've both changed addresses and pc's since Jan of '04 when I first registered.