Ballet Talk for Dancers
Guest FireDancer79

I can't register for the other board

Alexandra

Happy, the UBA Parents forum has no relationship with this forum. I will email or PM you the url.

Abby918

I am trying to log in on the Ballet Talk board and it's saying my log in name and password can't be found. I'm a new member and have only been posting for a few weeks but I'd like to post to the other board as well. Do I have to wait a certain amount of time before I have access to do so? Thanks for your help!

vrsfanatic

Not to my knowledge. I will contact the Moderators there and let them know there may be a problem. Do you have the same screen name?

Abby918
Not to my knowledge. I will contact the Moderators there and let them know there may be a problem. Do you have the same screen name?

Oh, perhaps that's the problem....I thought I could just log-in using the same screen name and password from this board. Do I need to officially register again with the same screen name? Or will it just tell me this info is already being used?

vrsfanatic

You need to officially register for BalletTalk, I believe you can use the same screen name and password, I do. Let me know if you continue to have problems. If so, I will contact the moderators.

Mel Johnson

Yes, that's correct. It works best for us if you register there using the same username. The password can be different, but why? We don't use it for anything, and it's your own personal security.

Abby918
You need to officially register for BalletTalk, I believe you can use the same screen name and password, I do. Let me know if you continue to have problems. If so, I will contact the moderators.

Hmmm...sorry to be a pest but as soon as I typed in my screen name from this board in their registration section it said "this username is already taken by another member"??

vrsfanatic

I am sorry Abby918, maybe someone already has your name? Are you sure you used the correct password?

Mel Johnson

That's a self-answering question. If you tried to register AGAIN for THIS board, someone already IS using your name -- you are!

(PS. I just checked the member list on the other board, and "Abby918" is not found.)

Abby918
That's a self-answering question. If you tried to register AGAIN for THIS board, someone already IS using your name -- you are!

(PS. I just checked the member list on the other board, and "Abby918" is not found.)

Okay, then why isn't it working when I type in Abby918? A red X appears in this section and after I fill out the remaining parts of the form and hit the button at the bottom to register it's not going through. I must be missing something?? I just totally logged out, restarted my computer, went back to the Ballet Talk board, went to their register page, tried again to register with this name, and the same thing happened.

Victoria Leigh

Abby, I don't know why you are having a problem registering there, but I would suggest writing to the contact person there and explaining the problem. After our board upgrade last week we had a huge problem with people trying to register and getting error messages. That seems to be solved here, but perhaps they are still having a problem there? I don't know.

Abby918

Yes. I contacted the other board and was informed that they are in fact experiencing problems. I was told to be patient and too try registering again in a few days. No luck yet :)

Thanks anyway for your help.