Ballet Talk for Dancers
drives2much

Not allowing a reply

drives2much

I am trying to post a reply on the Audition Photographs for SI's thread in the SI Frequently Asked Questions forum and I am continuing to get the following response when I click on "Add reply":

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

Victoria Leigh

No, no idea, if you are only trying to reply. New topics are not allowed, but replies to open topics are allowed. Have you tried replying to any other forums or threads?

drives2much

It seems to be just in the SI Frequently Asked Questions forum---but I get the same message if I click "add reply" to any of the topics in that forum. When I click "add reply" in other forums, I have no problem.

Very strange.

Can I post my question in the Summer Intensives-General Topics forum? The most current posts on the Audition Photograph's thread in the SI Frequently Asked Questions forum was about head shots. I had a question relating to these.

Victoria Leigh

Yes, of course. Sorry about the problem, but I really have no idea why that is happening.

Gremlin
New topics are not allowed, but replies to open topics are allowed. Have you tried replying to any other forums or threads?

I am having this problem too. I have also tried replying to other forums with no problems.

Specifically with the SI FAQ forum, I am able to create a new topic, but not reply to an already created one. :) I have a few questions about making a video, but prefer not to keep making new topics. Any suggestions?

Mel Johnson

Post to parents until I can get this software straightened out. We can transfer from there. This is getting to be a very annoying problem!

calamitous

To all the others with this same problem, I glad to hear it. For a while there I thought it was that they just didn't like me!

I appreciate all the hard work being done here by major Mel and Ms. Leigh and the moderators, so I can survive without being able to post to my merged message.

Mel Johnson

Hey, this afternoon, it wouldn't let ME post! Fixed it's wagon...I think.

boybluetights
Hey, this afternoon, it wouldn't let ME post!  Fixed it's wagon...I think.

When I click on a userprofile, I get these same error message.

mouse

Hi!

I'm with Calamitous. I really thought that I'd somehow offended someone or said something so obviously stupid that the monitors somehow thought I wasn't truly interested in the topics and axed me altogether. I can't post in this area either. By the way, Calamitous. My father gave me the nickname "mouse" too. Now, it's not my nickname but part of my business name! Also, I'm originally from Ohio. Go Bucks! If nothing else, my son knows to root for the Scarlet and Gray! I also learned, via this fabulous "Ballet Talk" that one of his former dorm-mates is now dancing in Columbus. I felt honored and privileged to let him know that Ohio is definitely a better place that Indiana! Okay, this is just pure bias; but, Ohio rocks!

dancemaven
I felt honored and privileged to let him know that Ohio is definitely a better place that Indiana!  Okay, this is just pure bias; but, Ohio rocks!

Hey! No need to get snippy about Indiana, a rather low-key, but wholesome place. :)

Perfectpointe731

I cannot post on the Summer Intensive FAQ board either, but can post on the other boards. Can new members post on that board?

Mel Johnson

Some can, and some can't and I'll be switched if I can figure out why not! Gotta tinker some more.

Victoria Leigh

boybluetights, you cannot view profiles until you are a full member, but that is different from posting on a forum. There seems to be a glitch in the SI FAQ forum that puts that message up sometimes, for some people. Very inconsistent, and we don't know yet what is causing that to happen. Sorry.

BW

For anyone who would like to respond on the FAQ forum and is unable to - if you post your question on the SI General Section with a note in the post's title such as "FAQ: Audition Tips" - one of the moderators can then merge your post into the appropriate FAQ thread until we get this straightened out. :angry2: