Ballet Talk for Dancers
e'smom

setting order of topic title

e'smom

I am having trouble setting the post order so that the posts are in order with last post first on a consistent basis. I keep changing the posts to last post first and then Z-A again and again and then when I go back on the next day it is back in alphabetical order. This is driving me crazy....

BW

Sorry to say that if you do anything but move forward through the pages, and certainly if you leave the forum, the "sort" of the forum that you've switched will revert to the the default for that forum which is "Last posted topic sort" on the majority of forums.

Just for interest which forum are you particularly frustrated with in regard to this?

Victoria Leigh

e's mom, most of the threads are on last post first default, however, there are certain forums that are set on alphabetical order. Those forums are primarily the SI forums, so that one can find what school or company they are looking for. Your other forums should be automatically showing up last post first, unless you have changed their order.

e'smom

Ok - That explains it - I think it was the SI forum and the college site that I was having trouble with.

Victoria Leigh

Yes, those two forums are in alphabetical order.

ohleigh

My posts are showing first to last. I want them most recent to first. How do I do that?

Mel Johnson

You click the orange square in front of the topic title and the software takes you to the most recent post on that thread. Or you can click on "Last post by" and be brought to the same place. The way the software works, we can't change the chronology settings for individual members. So, go to the most recent post of a thread and scroll up.

Victoria Leigh

Hello ohleigh, welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers :)

To see the last post first, go to View New Topics, through the link at the top of the Home Page. However, I would strongly advise that you read topics from the beginning, or you will not have all the information in terms of making a good response.

ohleigh

Okay, thank you.