Ballet Talk for Dancers to close ×
Ballet Talk for Dancers

summer intensives

Guest tinydancersam

Guest tinydancersam

I can't seem to find any summer intensive programs that are under $650 and are located in Minnesota, I realize thats a really good deal if I could find an intensive at that cost but if anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate some suggestions.

• Administrators

Most SI programs are pretty close in cost, just different in terms of length, so some are less expensive if they are shorter. When you limit yourself to one State and that amount of money, I'm afraid that you will not find anything very intensive or very long. :wacko:

• Administrators

If you are limited to Minnesota, I think you are quite limited. And most 5 or 6 week SI programs will cost considerably more than that. What about your home studio, or something in Minneapolis?

There are Ballet Arts Minnesota downtown, or Minnesota Dance Theatre has a best of June or August for 2 weeks for $250. AND ALSO...my studio, Minnesota Ballet, has an intensive in Duluth. Check these websites:

www.balletartsminnesota.org

www.mndance.org

www.minnnesotaballet.org

Depending on your age the Ballet Arts Minnesota one ( where I go for the year) is really great. I'd say one would get the most out of it if you were less than 14 or 15. I have no idea what the tutition is for the 5 week. But also the June one that is 2-3 weeks is great for older students... you get partnering along with modern, variations and some other intresting classed, also the higher levels of the school are still there.

Oh my... thats the second time I'v posted on my mothers screen name in 2 days! I'm sorry... again, the one above is written by me. I guess I really should be more careful when sharing a computer. Sorry for the confusion.

• 3 years later...

Oops! A parent must have wandered into this 'Teen-Only' forum by mistake......

I made the post invisible.