Ballet Talk for Dancers

Adult Ballet Classes - California

pleiades

apologies, i've been away from the board for a good 7 months or so -- new job and the frustrations of less time for ballet have kept me from wanting to read about what i can't do as much as i'd like.

i've made my peace and settled into a routine of 3 days a week, 4 if i'm lucky (which is rare!). i'll be in san mateo, ca for business and wonder if anyone knows of any adult classes in the neighborhood. won't be able to go into the city (SF).

thanks so much,

pleiades

Guest inspired
apologies, i've been away from the board for a good 7 months or so -- new job and the frustrations of less time for ballet have kept me from wanting to read about what i can't do as much as i'd like.

i've made my peace and settled into a routine of 3 days a week, 4 if i'm lucky (which is rare!).  i'll be in san mateo, ca for business and wonder if anyone knows of any adult classes in the neighborhood.  won't be able to go into the city (SF).

thanks so much,

pleiades

Western Ballet in Moutain View, Ca has adult classes 2-4 adult classes 7 days a week. Teachers are excellent. Check out their website at www.westernballet.org.

Edited by inspired
  • 6 years later...

Good adult ballet classes in the Silicon Valley area also include Pacific Ballet Academy (www.pacificballet.org), a rather popular adult ballet teacher Eric Bourman (www.ericbourman.com) teaches there, as well as Anton Pankevich, a current soloist with Ballet SJ. Both are fantastic adult ballet teachers.

I also take Ballet San Jose adult classes, but they often switch to a flexible schedule during the summer so I'd recommend that you call the registrar to make sure the adult class schedule is updated. High-quality teachers there as well.