Ballet Talk for Dancers

Repertoire Day at ENB

Tara7038

Hi all, I was going to ask for a roll-call of who'll be there - I'll be there & in class wearing grey warm up shorts as usual. Looking forward to the afternoon & seeing you all again.

Actually it's just as well I'm attached to those warm ups because on Wednesday I do two classes (Improvers+ & Advanced) and I had all my warm up stuff & shoes but had carefully (not!) left my leotard & pink tights at home. So I had to improvise in my poloneck short sleeve t-shirt, black (street) tights (with pink shoes, hmmmm!) and warm-ups over the top of it to make it look rather less like my office top & street tights!! Luckily I was wearing relatively decent underwear. Someone in the class (but often teaches it) commented that I actually looked quite smart! Duh!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tara7038

• cassy

• Redbookish

• ami1436

I'll be there!!

Fish :cool2:

(not!) left my leotard & pink tights at home. So I had to improvise in my poloneck short sleeve t-shirt, black (street) tights (with pink shoes, hmmmm!) and warm-ups over the top of it to make it look rather less like my office top & street tights!! Luckily I was wearing relatively decent underwear. Someone in the class (but often teaches it) commented that I actually looked quite smart! Duh!

:lol: hehhehe that is so funny - you gave me the right inspiration now. I am about to mark essays discussion style in makeover shows. Woahhhhh, what NOT to wear [in dance] :innocent::rolleyes: Have fun at the ENB. Hope to meet up soon again Kate :wub:

Hope you all have fun, make sure you all post your comments about how the day went :flowers:

I am very disapointed that I wont have the opportunity to meet with you all and of course to miss the day itself. I always look forward to spring and classes in London, guess I will be making a few trips to Pineapple to compensate!

Alas, I will not be there.

Hope you all have fun!!!

Cassy, could you check if they'd keep you in mind in case someone drops out?

Alas, I will not be there.

Oh. Ami, I'm sdorry - I weas looking forward to dancing with you (ha! secretly I was looking forward to having someone in front of me I know I can rely on to follow!!! :thumbsup: )

I hope this sacriifice is in the greater good of your DPhil and its speedy FINISH!!!

:wub:

Oh Redbookish, thanks for the kind words! As I read them I realise that I haven't seen you for over a year!!!!

Drat!!! I will have to let you know about our crazy performance schedule!!!

It looks like I'll be going back to Nigeria for a bit of last minut fieldwork (erm, I still have to plan this!) and will most likely be returning later that week. How's that for timing!!! :)

Sunflower

You must introduce yourself on the day. There will be quite a few of us who post here.

Tara

I will - if I can work out who to introduce myself to :) I have no idea what I'll be wearing but perhaps I'll post to say nearer the time.

I am hoping there will be some other reasonably beginner-ish people asides from me!

sunflower

Great idea Ami :)

I know everyone will miss you at ENB :D

Thanks Cassy! I will miss the beautiful studios. Hopefully they'll do something later in the year as well.

Last year I definitely thought there were more than 30 people in class!!!

Will pm info about other things! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well looks like I will make it after all!

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone again,

Cassy x

Jen - is your inbox full - im unable to pm you?! :D

Cassy,

Glad you could make it, Fish and myself were going to meet up at South Kensington tube. Your more than welcome to join us ( 11.30am at the ticket barriers at South Kensington tube)

Tara

xx

Just thought I would let people recognise me....

I'll be in a black halter Unitard and black skirt.

And yes I'm meeting Tara at South Ken tube B)