Ballet Talk for Dancers

sheahuang

Can anyone comment about men/boys in the Columbia program? Is there room in the schedule to minor or double major in something else?

Inquisitive

So excited that I just got into Columbia!!! If anyone is currently at Columbia University or Barnard, I would love to read some more recent reviews about the dance program. I am also curious about the Columbia Ballet Collaborative and how selective it is to be cast in ballet pieces. 

cclw

My daughter is planning on looking at Columbia and Barnard. Please keep us posted on what you learn and on your experiences, if you indeed go there.

mjreveries

Inquisitve, Hi! Did you go to Columbia? What has your experience been? cclw, did your daughter attend Columbia or Barnard? Would love to hear about experiences there. My DD is considering them. Thanks so much!

cclw

mjreveries, my daughter is still in high school, but I'd love to hear more from Inquisitive.

MBdancers

Bumping this again. DD accepted to Columbia College today. Although she is an astrophysics major, she wants to keep training/dancing. Would love to hear from dancers that have experience with the Columbia Ballet Collaborative and the Ballet Repertory.

Pointing forward

MBdancers- thank you for posting your inquiry.  My DD was accepted to Barnard and is also hoping to continue training/dancing along with her academic studies. She visited last fall and took a class, but other than that we do not know very much.  Hoping someone can share.

MBdancers

Pointing Forward- Congrats on your daughter’s acceptance to Barnard! Looks like our DDs will be spending time together  in the coming academic year. My DD is over the moon. Hope we can learn more about CBI and CRB from others here. My DD is planning to take some of the virtual classes they are streaming...

Pointing forward

mbdancer - thanks for reaching out and congrats to your daughter as well. I had no idea that they were streaming some of their classes, I will let my DD know so she can check it out. And, yes - at some point, if you want to connect let me know. My DD is very excited for the upcoming year. She did take one class when we visited last fall and thoroughly enjoyed herself.