Ballet Talk for Dancers
littleicklandgirl

Ballet Schools in Virginia - Manassas area

littleicklandgirl

I was wondering if anybody knew of a good dance school near Manassas Virgina.We think we might get a assignment to move there and I am checking out the dance possibilities!

Victoria Leigh

It's a bit of a trek, but I would recommend going into DC or Bethesda, for Washington Ballet or Maryland Youth Ballet.

Guest yvette

knock knock-- I am not in the 13-16 category but:

I would highly recommend Classical Ballet Academy in Herdon, VA. Besides being (slightly) closer than DC or Bethesda I think the training is excellent-- very serious. The website: Classical Ballet Academy has lots of information about teachers, productions and classes. Check it out!

Edited by yvette

Victoria Leigh

Oh yes, that is a very good school! I did not realize it was closer to Manassas. Thanks, yvette.

cheetah

Knock Knock - Parent in VA here.

Once you find out if your moving, let us know on Cross Talk. Several of us live in the area and can give you some more specific ideas once you find out where you might actually live. Bethesda and Washington Ballet are both a fairly long way from Manassas, especially with traffic. But the metro may make either one a possibility if you can arrange transportation to one of the sites. It'd still be about an hour via metro, though, because there's a line change. CBA, mentioned above, is about mid-point between Washington Ballet and Manassas - not a bad drive at all. There are some other options in the area, depending on the dance level you're looking for. For example, a new school just opened in Manassas/Gainesville but I'm not sure they had much success or can offer many classes yet for advanced levels. If you don't actually move to Manassas - maybe east of there - then your options become greater.

littleicklandgirl

Thanks for all of yor help.CBA is about 30 miles from the school I would go 2.Does anybody else know of any other schools?I am trying to stay away from dolly-dinkeys!

Victoria Leigh

What school are you speaking of, littleicklandgirl?

dancedreams

The Arlington Center for Dance offers excellent ballet training. Arlington would be an easier drive down I-66 than attempting the drive to DC or Maryland.

duhitsnicolette

This may be to far but I dance at the loudoun school of ballet in leesburg! It is a great school.

americanlostinUK

I'm not exactly sure how close it is but i have friends who go to the russell school of ballet in fairfax. it has a website if you want to look at it

http://www.fairfaxballet.com/

according to mapquest that's 11 miles from manassas, i don't know what the mods say about the school though. i'm not sure they turn out a whole lot of professional dancers

(i don't know if that will turn up as a link or not, but at least its the web address)

littleicklandgirl

New news!

Now we have a assignmen to tampa flordia!does anybody know of good dance there?Sorry about being misleading !!!you never know with the millitary!!!! :innocent::wub:

cheetah

Knock Knock

Do a search on this site - I remember someone else looking for schools in Tampa not too long ago!

Edited to add:

Don't know how to post the link - and no time to learn right now - but the name of the thread is "Ballet schools near Tampa, Florida"

Guest MasterPuppeteer

Reviving this old thread after doing a search for "Manassas." I came across the Manassas Ballet Academy (their ads are all over Google and the Internet). Anyone have any experience with them? Thanks!

cheetah

Yes. My company is a corporate sponsor of Manassas Ballet Theater, I've seen their Nutcracker, which is done with the school, and my DS has attended a few of their open classes. What do you want to know? It's not an easy place to reach from Fairfax, if you're thinking about yourself, though.

Guest MasterPuppeteer

Thanks cheetah, I just sent you a PM.