Ballet Talk for Dancers

Stregthening Inner Thighs

dance91

I hope I am posting this in the right section. I didn't know where else to post this topic. Sorry if is not in the right place. B)

I have been trying to strengthen my inner thighs, trying to get rid of the fat that is there..making it muscle. I have been doing excersies laying on my side (Pilates and the excersises from the NYC Ballet Workout dvd). Do you have any other suggestions for strengthening this area? Thank you! :grinning:

dance91

i learned this one exerciseat The Rock, but it is kind of hard to explain. hopefully i wont confuss you to much.

okay so what you do is lay on your side and cross one leg bent over a straight one so like have the leg closer to the ground straight and the other one bent. Then you lift the straight leg up and down. SO SORRY IF THIS IS CONFUSING :grinning:

my class has bio mechanics once a week, one of the exercises might help you, you do a demi plie in first, and as you are slowly rising form the demi plie, squeeze your inner thighs as hard as you can, do this in second, fourth, and fifth about 3 or 4 times in each position. it has really helped me! :grinning:

Nutmegdancer B)

Students, leave the answers to the moderators. :grinning:

If the fat deposits are not responding to Pilates, then you may be faced with a genetic phenotype which favors fat in the legs. There is literally nothing you can do to change this situation short of changing your genes.

In ballet class, focus on using your inner thighs in plies, tendus, petit allegro etc.

Let's see, how many ways are there to say, "Students, do not answer questions on this forum"? Ah, here's one! "This topic is closed!"