Ballet Talk for Dancers
balletboy101

Moderator Bios

balletboy101

HI

I was wondering if anyone could help direct me to the moderators bios I've seen them refrenced several times, but have been unable to find them. thank you.

Mel Johnson

Well, we don't have Moderator bios, but here are the Administrator bios:

Victoria Leigh

And

Mel Johnson

Sorry that my dancing photo didn't survive one of the updates! :D

vrsfanatic

vrsfanatic aka Victoria Schneider see My Webpage I am listed under ballet faculty bios. No dancing photo of me but hopefully soon an updated photo! :D

les_sylphides_

Oh my gosh Mrs. Schneider I just realized that you were a woman! I always thought that "vrsfanatic" was a man! :blink: For some reason I must've thought the name seemed masculine !

jimpickles

Its wonderful to be able to picture the people who post so frequently - it really adds to the board. I somehow slowly twigged that vrsfanatic was female but I wonder why I also for so long thought it sounded more like a male name. Maybe its the "fanatic" bit.

And what about Major Mel - it would be great if we could fit a face to all those posts. What about it? There's surely not THAT much bandwith needed? Or maybe there's a photo somewhere else on the web?

Jim.

vrsfanatic

vrs"fanatic" is actually a combination of my initials and the word fanatic. When I began studying Vaganova pedagogy with my late husband, he labeled me a ballet fanatic. The label has stuck throughout the years. It is interesting that I come across to some as a man. Maybe it is something about my writing style? :blink:

Mel Johnson

Actually, the photo in uniform - it's an ambrotype - is what I currently look like.

Amy'sMom

vrsfanatic a man??.......nah!.....I've always pictured you as a woman. :blink:

jimpickles

Many thanks Major Mel for making sure I stay educated!.. I've looked up an ambrotype, and now know what it is, but where is the photo in uniform?

Thanks for you help,

Jim.

les_sylphides_

Check out Ms. Leigh's extension!! It is AMAZING. The height, line, placement, actual "extension", everything! :blink:

Mel Johnson

The picture in uniform is down at the bottom of the page.

Fiz
The picture in uniform is down at the bottom of the page.

I'd love to see a dance photo of you, Major Mel. Ms Leigh's extension is mine - in my dreams :blink: Fiz. xxx

l321385

Ms Leigh, your name came up in one of our topics at our ballet studio. Someone said they remembered you when you were a ballerina. They said they looked up to you as a dancer... Were you really famous? Sorry if that sounded rude, but some people seem to remember your name.

Just thought I would share that.

P.S You have lovely extention.

Victoria Leigh

No, not famous at all, but just fortunate enough to be able to spend my life dancing and teaching. :D