Ballet Talk for Dancers

I DID IT!!!

I DID IT! I DID IT! I FINALLY DID THE WALTZ TURN CORRECTLY!!! :thumbsup: It took me three weeks, but I did it! And I thought there must be others out there who are mastering things and feeling excited, and we really need a brag board, so . . . what did YOU do today? :)

• Administrators

While there is a Brag Board, it is in the Teen Forum, and while it is not restricted to teens, it is generally used only by teens. And, Nicolette, the ADULT boards are for ADULTS only! Please do not post on either of the Adult Student boards!

I like the idea of our own brag board! Gread job on those waltz turns ... they took FOREVER for me to get!

Last night I did 3 pique turns on pointe! :rolleyes:

Guest balletguy33
I like the idea of our own brag board! Gread job on those waltz turns ... they took FOREVER for me to get!

Last night I did 3 pique turns on pointe! :)

Thats great ashatNYU

Last night I did 3 pique turns on pointe! :)

Congrats, that is COOL! :thumbsup: Pique is challenging!

wait, by "waltz turn" do you mean balance en tournant? Explain further...what weren't you getting? How did it finally click?

Umm, well, I umm . . . I dunno. :) NOt sure how to verbalize except that I have a lot of trouble with left and right, and it involves brushing R foot forward, step-step, L foot back (or vice-versa) while turning. It's in 3/4 meter and sort of goes one-two-threeAND-one-two-threeAND. Actually, I should humble myself and ask you what balance en tournant is -- turning balance? Yeah, I suppose it is a little like that.

No, no particular dance, still just learning basic moves. I am not yet wise in the ways of your people -- I don't always remember the French names.

Which reminds me: is "Champagne Couch" some kind of ballet jargon for brag board, or was I just supposed to guess at that? :blink:

Balance en tournant is the same as waltz turns and used interchangeably. Congratulations Kasaba! When I first learned the step it seemed that my feet kept getting tangled up with each other and I didn't know right from left.

Ashatnyu-pique turns on pointe are difficult! Great job with your pointe progress!

My champagne moment? My teacher asked me to demonstrate a pas failli assemble' combination in class today because she said I had good ballon! Made my whole week! :crying:

CJ

Which reminds me: is "Champagne Couch" some kind of ballet jargon for brag board, or was I just supposed to guess at that?

Not ballet jargon. Over 21 jargon :ermm: Yes, essentially a more "adult" version of a brag board.