Ballet Talk for Dancers

Adult Student

Guest balletguy33

Welcome, Balletguy. There are lots of adult beginners here, and if do some searches you'll find their stories. You might also find it helpful to look at the Men's Forum. There's a lot of specific stuff there for adult male beginner dancers.

Guest balletguy33
Welcome, Balletguy. There are lots of adult beginners here, and if do some searches you'll find their stories. You might also find it helpful to look at the Men's Forum. There's a lot of specific stuff there for adult male beginner dancers.

Ok great thanks!

Yes, isn't it great to see how much company we have? Many of us are not merely adults, we're downright . . . MATURE adults!

Guest balletguy33
Yes, isn't it great to see how much company we have? Many of us are not merely adults, we're downright . . . MATURE adults!

Ha, I don't think I am that mature.

Yes, Hello and a warm welcome from all of us.

You will find many first time adult ballet dancers here, so please feel free to drop in to any of the three main adult forums and especially the mens forum. If you want to just discuss anything from "Why is it sooo difficult to find an adult class?" to " Why does my bum look big in this leotard?", then the buddy board is the place. If you have any technically related questions regarding a particular step you can never get for exmaple, then the main adult dancers board is the place, aloong with the men forum.

If you you want to search for anything, then you can use the very good search engine, the button is located just next to the Help button at the top of the page.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Happy dancing.

Jeanette

Guest balletguy33
Yes, Hello and a warm welcome from all of us.

You will find many first time adult ballet dancers here, so please feel free to drop in to any of the three main adult forums and especially the mens forum. If you want to just discuss anything from "Why is it sooo difficult to find an adult class?" to " Why does my bum look big in this leotard?", then the buddy board is the place. If you have any technically related questions regarding a particular step you can never get for exmaple, then the main adult dancers board is the place, aloong with the men forum.

If you you want to search for anything, then you can use the very good search engine, the button is located just next to the Help button at the top of the page.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Happy dancing.

Jeanette

You are so great!

Thanks so much!

Guest balletguy33

Just wanted to say my fist class was great! Wow what a workout, I thought i was in shape, but i felt like i ran a marathon or something, it was awesome!!!

Great that you enjoyed it Balletguy. Have you ever done any ballet before? So what did you do in class, if you can remember?

Jeanette

Guest balletguy33
Great that you enjoyed it Balletguy. Have you ever done any ballet before? So what did you do in class, if you can remember?

Jeanette

Thanks. I can remember, but I can't spell anything Ha. ha. There are so many term in ballet that i have to learn.

I did alot of observation

But sis alot of streching, i never even knew i had some of the muscels that i was streching. The teacher kept making sure i was not bending my knees.

It was overall a pleasurable experance. Most of the students had been dancing for a few month so i was the only 1st timer there last night, but they accepted me with open arms :wacko:

Welcome to ballet, balletguy! Just wondering... did you feel strange walking into a ballet studio the first time in your life? When I first did ballet, I really wanted to be part of the studio life (like a musician wants to be part of the orchestra, for example) but at the same time, the first day in a studio was very foreign and intimidating, I almost wanted to run away or something. Did anyone else feel that way?

Guest balletguy33
Welcome to ballet, balletguy! Just wondering... did you feel strange walking into a ballet studio the first time in your life? When I first did ballet, I really wanted to be part of the studio life (like a musician wants to be part of the orchestra, for example) but at the same time, the first day in a studio was very foreign and intimidating, I almost wanted to run away or something. Did anyone else feel that way?

It was a little strange, i was nervous, almost like my first day od school when i was a kid.

Everyone was so great though, I quickley got over my nerves.

Thanks for asking! :)

Congratulations on your first class, balletguy :blink:!

A welcoming atmosphere is all important for adult beginners and returners overcoming the feelings described by La Musicienne. I know the friendly people in my class are a great bonus, so I'm glad you found that at your studio. Keep us posted on how it's going!

Have fun with ballet. Loads to learn and it never ends :blink:

I'm still waiting for a class, DSL - I think I am about to give up, because it certainly seems to have given up on me :blink: Fiz. xxx