Ballet Talk for Dancers

Summer program worries

Guest lowedancestudioroxmysox5

I am going to a semi-unknown dance school over the summer. What should I do if they turn out to be really bad, and they give me all this bad advice?

• Administrators

Is the program listed on our SI forums? Have you checked it out? What do you know about it? How was the audition class? If you signed up for this program one would assume that you knew something about it before committing to it and sending money. If not, then you are stuck. You either take it or pull out, but the money is gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Body of post deleted by moderator because it made no sense whatsoever,

did not answer questions asked in post above, and had about a hundred

exclamation points. Sounded like it was written by someone other than

the original poster.

[Edited by Victoria Leigh]

I kind of am in the same boat. Well, im going to an SI listed on the SI Forum, but my ballet teacher said that it isn't very good and that they do their arms in bad form... I don't know if she is saying that because it is close to her studio and there is competition (she really wants me to not go and says its bad) or if its true...I know its not the best b/c its local and stuff, but i thought it wqould be good to experience different techniques/ places....do you think this was a good move or not?? thanks.

• Administrators

I don't know, dwcgirl, as I don't know the schools you are talking about. If you are not going to a better school in your own city, then I really don't see much reason to go. (And I corrected your post, above, where you said "donno" instead of "don't know". We don't use those kinds of abbreviations here on Ballet Talk.

• 1 month later...