Ballet Talk for Dancers

Working my feet

Guest npbt1

Guest npbt1

Hello everyone,

Im new here just to let you all know.

So heres the thing,

Recently I've really been wanting to improve my feet. I dont have a dreadful arch but im a hard worker and a perfectionist and i always stride for the best. I have someone strech my feet every night and i work super hard in all my classes.i see a little improvement but not enough. I was wondering if there was anything else i can do to my my feet look compleatly amazing?

Welcome npbt1 to Ballet Talk for Dancers! When you have the opportunity please tell us about yourself in the Welcome forum and familiarize yourself with our rules and policies.

Improving your feet is a very good goal, as you know, one that is a never ending pursuit. Working correctly in class with battement tendus/jetes is about one of the best exercises one can do. There are many "helping" isolation exercises for feet that will enhance the flexibility of your ankles and insteps which are great. Also releves on two and one foot definitley help to strengthen and develop the feet.

Without seeing you it is difficult to know which exercises to recommend. Have you spoken with your teacher regarding your concerns. Perhaps your teacher may have some very valuable input. :)