Ballet Talk for Dancers

Sickling problem?

Guest Alexandria

Guest Alexandria

hey, i have this friend that just started pointe 6 moths ago and she is enitrely obsesed with the thought that im sickiling. but i know what a sickle looks like and i deffenately dont see it.

the only time i ever sickeled was when i was getting fitted and i was experiminting with diffrent shoes.

also my break for summer is here and i am moving so i will have to change studios so i wont be abe to ask my teacher...and i am worried that when i start at my new studio and that if i am missing this sickiling thing that this new teacher will think bad of my dancing...help!!!!

Edited by Alexandria

Have someone take a pitcure of you en pointe both in first and parallel, and perhaps some other poses (feet only please) & post them on Snapfish or some other photo-posting site where Miss DeVor can actually see what you are talking about. Until one of us can see your feet, we can't offer too much advice.

Guest Alexandria

i'll try to buy my computer is soo messed up i might to be able to get them on for a wile....i'll try though

Edited by Alexandria
  • Administrators

This is a technique problem, not a pointe shoe topic. Moving this to YD 13-16.