Ballet Talk for Dancers

Class-in leotards

bllamum

My daughter will be making a trip to NYC for summer and would like to pick up some custom made leotards from the store I believe is called "Class-In"? Can someone help me find the address, website, or correct store name? Thank you for your help in advance.

Edited by bllamum

My D and I visited this little shop when in NYC last summer. It's not fancy, but the leotards you can have made are fabulous. We literally spent HOURS deciding on the combinations of fabrics for just 3 leos.

Then they were shipped to us when finished. I don't remember how long it took, but it wasn't very long at all. These leotards are still among her favorites. Very nice people there too.

A very unassuming walk-up storefront in a wonderful neighborhood. We really loved this place, their service, and the finished product.

• 6 years later...

DD and I went there in September and she fell in love. The cost is very justifiable and the leotards are gorgeous! DD is about 5'2 and roughly 85 pounds and the small or extra small fit very nicely. I will warn you though, the sizing is not always consistent so be sure to try the leotards on. Overall we are very pleased with these and DD is dying to order more!

Do they have a pretty good selection in the store to purchase, or are there just a few and most people order?

Beautiful leotards :) What is their leg line cut? More like standard or high like Degas or Wear Moi?

It's about the same as wear moi. A little different, but higher than most other brands :)

EDIT: woops realized I'm on the adult threads and I don't know how to remove posts--Sorry! :ermm:

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a couple of years since I ordered one, but the website says 3-4 weeks, and I'm pretty sure the last one I ordered came within that time frame. (I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but it was definitely not as long a wait as for a Yumiko leotard.)