Ballet Talk for Dancers

What do you think of black tights

je danse dans ma tete

LOVE my black tights over my pink tights and leotard.

All the over 17s at my ballet studio wear it like that.

It makes me feel more slender - especially over the woman hips... and is more forgiving if you dont have time to shave/wax.

I agree with appleblossom about black tights being the easy way to go if you don't have time to shave or wax... You can cut time by shaving just a couple of inches above your ankles (I admit to having done this on several occasions, but :shhh:! )

I only recently started experimenting with black tights over colored leos because during the summer I took class 5 days a week, 7-8 hours per day and I got a bit bored with my usual look. In all honesty, though,

I do prefer pink tights, simply because pink tights with dark leos make me personally feel more traditional and more serious. On days when I feel a bit spunkier or when I'm pressed for time after class, black footless tights offer an advantage. I have to run to catch the last bus home sometimes, and in the summer it's easy to pull the tights off after class and pull on a pair of jeans without having to strip down completely. In the winter, of course, pink tights work fine as they offer an extra layer of warmth (very much appreciated- we're talking Canadian winters here).

But yeah, it's personal choice I guess. One thing I can't stand though, is the look of pink shoes and black footed tights. Stirrups and footless are ok, but footed makes me cringe. :innocent:

I used to wear black footless tights over my leotard as a form of rebellion in college after having to wear pink tights forever. I also used them as a form of camoflauge. But then my teacher said we couldn't wear black tights because it ruined the lines, it's not profesional, etc. The black tights lasted a little while.

I, too, was appalled at the tights over the loe thing, but then I realized that some people use pink tights over the leo because it allows you to see if your hips are straight, kind of like a hip belt. Also, if you have in a leo all day (a dance teacher, etc), the logistics of the toilet are much improved. It also keeps the leo in place, so you don't have to, ahem, dig it out. It doesn't look too bad if you wear a skirt, but can seem odd to those who are not used to it.

Also, if you have in a leo all day (a dance teacher, etc), the logistics of the toilet are much improved. It also keeps the leo in place, so you don't have to, ahem, dig it out.

:P:o

Yes. and yes. Also, some of us just don't find it comfy to have an elastic waistband around our tummies. It tends to give me a stomach ache, so I prefer something that I can roll down around my hips. I like black tights over a black leo. I thnk it looks professional enough, and many of the other regulars that I see in classes wear something similar.