Ballet Talk for Dancers to close ×
Ballet Talk for Dancers

What can I do to get

missy12784

• Administrators

That is called a LOT of rotation and a very good foot. It is not winging, however, I don't think that she has her weight totally on her supporting leg, either. Looks like she is pushing into that foot a bit, which she should not need to do.

The young lady in question, Isabella (Hildur) Boylston, ABT apprentice, comes from mostly a Russian background of training. She also is gifted, by nature, with ideal legs and feet for ballet. Although is not an ideal photo of her from her school days at Harid (this photo is from 2004), she does have quite a bit going for herself in this photo! :(

..... Isabella (Hildur) Boylston, ABT apprentice .....
May I intrude in this forum to offer a little update on what you posted, Ms. Schneider, since you identified the dancer in the photo. Isabella, formerly Hildur, has been a full corps de ballet member since mid June, three months now. The September 2006 issue of Dance Spirit magazine features her on its cover and offers eight full-page photos of her (including the table of contents page) showing her "gorgeous lines" in various ballet steps. The photo spread and short article are titled "Belle of the Ballet". Her cover shot is accompanied by the cheery invitation to "Get Gorgeous Lines! Let Isabella Boylston show you how."

Thank you Marga on the update on Isabella (Hildur). Since the ABT website, as of last week, listed her as an apprentice, I chose to list her accordingly. Yes, I have seen the September, 2006 issue of Dance Spirit. Harid is very excited and proud of her accomplishments. :(

http://abt.org/dancers/detail.asp?Dancer_ID=162

BTW, the website does identify Ms. Boylston, perhaps not in this particular photo, but she does have a headshot if one scrolls down the page a bit!

BTW, the website does identify Ms. Boylston, perhaps not in this particular photo, but she does have a headshot if one scrolls down the page a bit!
Oh yes, I know! We have her online pics saved to our computer. As you may remember my saying before, my daughter and she were soulmates years ago when they studied together.

I will now leave this thread to the properly authorized persons!